'Idiot' jab lobbed at Perry

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 am

By: CNN Producer Gabriella Schwarz

(CNN) - Former Treasury official Bruce Bartlett labeled newly-minted Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry "an idiot" Friday.

Bartlett, who served at Treasury under former President George H.W. Bush and as a domestic policy adviser to the late President Ronald Reagan, delivered the choice words to the Texas Gov. in reference to his recent comments about Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

"Rick Perry's an idiot, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that," Bartlett said Friday on CNN's "American Morning."

Perry sparked controversy when he said Bernanke would be "treasonous" if he printed more money to stimulate the economy before the 2012 election.

"I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion," Perry said Monday in Iowa. He stood by his comments Tuesday.

Bartlett said the politics at the Federal Reserve are a serious problem and in part blamed U.S. presidents, who he said have historically not focused their energies on the bank.

"He [Obama] has had open seats on the fed almost his entire presidency and I think that this sends a signal that he just doesn't care very much about what the fed does," Bartlett said.

Despite serving in Republican administrations, Bartlett is no stranger to GOP criticism, particularly of former President George W. Bush.

Bartlett's 2006 book "Imposter: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy" accused the administration of departing from conservative economic principles. More recently he attributed the economic recession to the former president and Republican Party.

Team Perry did not immediately respond for a request for comment.

Blame the new guy, as usual, for the financial mess from a previous admin.

Egg

Re: 'Idiot' jab lobbed at Perry

Post by Egg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 am

Seems like a shame that kooks like Perry are the ones to usually say something about the Fed Reserve.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 am

True. Everything else is a bit off. of course you can bet he'll get the texas vote since he got re-elected. Idiots here.

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:43 am

Pigeon wrote:True. Everything else is a bit off. of course you can bet he'll get the texas vote since he got re-elected. Idiots here.
Yeah, he's definitely a bit off. HAHAHA!!! ;)

Escape_Artist

Post by Escape_Artist » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:46 am

Debra Medina kicked his ass in the Texas debates.. I love that woman
Me gusta Capitalismo Anarquista!

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 am

He is also a pinko commie fag democrat who supported Al Gore, the National Idiot. Idiots of a feather flock together.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 am

Perry was a democrat for a long time. he switches parties and boom, goes big time. Hell, the state pay 10k a month for him to lease a mansion.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:15 am

Greenville, South Carolina (CNN) – Rick Perry received his most significant endorsements Saturday in South Carolina since jumping into the race for the White House one week ago.

Former U.S Ambassador to Canada David Wilkins will join the Texas governor at a campaign stop at Tommy's Country Ham House in Wilkins' hometown of Greenville, said Katon Dawson, former South Carolina GOP chairman who is leading Perry's campaign efforts in the state.

SC is in. I'm sold...

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 am

Fuck this guy!!! What are we waiting for?

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 am

We should trick all the politicians and businessmen to get on a giant rocketship, and then we should shoot the rocketship into the Sun.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.