HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion

Egg

Re: HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Tril

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:11 am

Mur wrote:I'm not sure most understand what they are protesting other than they are angry.

Wall St abuses were not possible without being enabled by the Federal Reserve and Congress.
Wall Street and The Banks gave money to politicians. As soon as their money is out of politics things will get better. I understand what you're saying but let them be angry and let it build. I think people are getting educated now.

Mur

Post by Mur » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:13 am

Occupy Wall Street May Address Looting by Bank of America and Federal Reserve

Submitted by George Washington on 10/19/2011 18:53 -0400

Many people are furious that the Federal Reserve and Bank of America have initiated a coup to dump billions of dollars of losses on the American people (and see this).
Many are suggesting that the “Occupy” protesters rally to stop this robbery.
One of the top stories currently on Reddit (one of the top social media sites), is:

OWS and 99%: Please pay attention to this and stop it from happening (BofA and Fed socializing losses)

I understand that the Occupy protesters are, in fact, currently debating making a statement on this theft.
Currently, there are two competing draft statements. This one is from someone very savvy on understanding how the average American thinks:

A portion of the 53 trillion dollars of derivatives (yes that’s with a t, about the size of the entire global economy) transferred to Bank of America’s parent company from Merrill Lynch in 2008 has recently been transferred to Bank of America.

Derivatives contracts in a bank are paid before anyone else gets paid.

Therefore, these derivatives contracts would be paid before depositors receive their money. These people just cut in front of you.

It's very simple, the reason that banks and trading houses were originally separated was to prevent this sort of thing. What’s really going to happen is that the government is going to end up bailing out the FDIC … so this will end up being a government bailout.

You’ll end up getting shafted, either by derivatives holders cutting in front of you or by your having to bail out the FDIC so it can bail out banks depositors. Either way, this is yet another instance of looting by the big banks and big government.

Just say no … don’t let this stand.

And this one is from two people who are experts on the technical issues involved:

We denounce Bank of America’s transfer of high risk derivatives to its federally insured accounts. This is yet another example of systemically dangerous institutions, big banks like BofA and JPM, once again attempting to shift potentially substantial losses onto the backs of hardworking Americans. The fact that the Federal Reserve supports this action demonstrates Ben Bernanke’s complicity and/or gross incompetence in supporting the Wall Street elite at the expense of tax paying citizens.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/oc ... al-reserve

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 pm

I heard an interview with you're pal, Mish Schmendrik, a couple of weeks ago where he was advocating that Europe recapitalize its banks. The guy has become a Tarpoid I guess. Too big to fail. Oh my!
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 pm

lkwalker wrote:I heard an interview with you're pal, Mish Schmendrik, a couple of weeks ago where he was advocating that Europe recapitalize its banks. The guy has become a Tarpoid I guess. Too big to fail. Oh my!
Who's Mish Schmendrik?

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Murnut's buddy.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Haha! Ok.

Well, we're fucked either way.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Just relax. You've still got a warm place to shit.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:01 pm

And I enjoy it to the fullest.