I got a job

Pigeon

Re: I got a job

Post by Pigeon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:12 am

You should have asked him how he hunted Bin Laden down. :)

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 am

Pigeon wrote:You should have asked him how he hunted Bin Laden down. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That woulda been good.

I did, however, make a comment about his modesty. He was tooting his own horn and how he is all this and all that, and I hollered out, "And, so modest too!" The class busted out laughing. He did too because I'm sure I'm not the first. LOL
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 am

SweetGrass wrote:So, I got the teacher I didn't want. He taught my class the last day of my SOBC and he taught my First Aid/CPR class. The guy is an egomaniac and just likes to listen to himself talk. He lives for showing off his vast knowledge and experiences. He talked for like 6 hours, the last two hours we quickly went through the book, got the answers to the test and took the test. I learned next to nothing today, and if I want to learn something about being a supervisor, I have to read that whole boring ass book by myself with no motivation and no classmates to bounce ideas off of. What a waste of time! I kept trying to redirect the teacher today by referring to things that were in the book that I glanced over on our smoke breaks, and he would quickly answer the question or go off on some random tangent that made himself look good.

In my SOBC class, the last half of the day, I just quit listening to him and started just reading the book on my own. I should have done that today.
You learned that the class sucks. :D

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 am

OMG! I can't believe this!

The director of security is retiring in March. He supervises 30 security officers, 3 building supervisors and 2 shift leads. My site is three 18-story commercial buildings together, so each building has it's own building supervisor and about 10 security officers under them each.

Today, he called me in to have a meeting with him and his right-hand woman (one of the building supervisors that will become the director when he retires). They offered me another promotion, a new position made just for me! In March, I will be the Assistant Director of Security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd in command of the whole account! Supervising 30 something people! I will be our new director's back up and right-hand woman! I will do her job when she is on vacation. I'll go to the monthly meetings with her in the management office with the client. And, the cool thing is that I'll be able to stay in the building I'm in and in the position I'm in at the lobby desk, but I will be able to leave the desk more often to go check on my people in the other buildings.

I didn't think I would get here this quickly. So many people at my site have been there for 8 or more years. I'm so excited.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:06 am

SweetGrass wrote:OMG! I can't believe this!

The director of security is retiring in March. He supervises 30 security officers, 3 building supervisors and 2 shift leads. My site is three 18-story commercial buildings together, so each building has it's own building supervisor and about 10 security officers under them each.

Today, he called me in to have a meeting with him and his right-hand woman (one of the building supervisors that will become the director when he retires). They offered me another promotion, a new position made just for me! In March, I will be the Assistant Director of Security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd in command of the whole account! Supervising 30 something people! I will be our new director's back up and right-hand woman! I will do her job when she is on vacation. I'll go to the monthly meetings with her in the management office with the client. And, the cool thing is that I'll be able to stay in the building I'm in and in the position I'm in at the lobby desk, but I will be able to leave the desk more often to go check on my people in the other buildings.

I didn't think I would get here this quickly. So many people at my site have been there for 8 or more years. I'm so excited.
That's friggin' awesome, LaR!!! Congratulations, you deserve it!!! :D

Good things coming your way, you'll see. :D

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 am

Great news, SG. Congratulations!

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks! I'm so excited. I really respect the woman replacing the director too. She's got a low tolerance for bullshit, she's fair, understanding and honest. Everyone at the whole site really respects her and is hoping she will take the boss' place when he retires. No one knows yet that it's a 99.99% chance that it will be her though. Everyone thinks some asshole from another site is coming to take his place. LOL

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:10 am

I think you owe some thanks to all the vandals and crooks out there. Because without them we wouldn't need security guards at all.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Three cheers for the crooks and JP Morgan...

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Like the gunslinger said to the preacher "If it was not for guys like me we would have no need for preachers."

Alias Smith and Jones cir 1969.
Credo quia absurdum.