Ron Paul To Bernanke: Is Gold Money?

lkwalker

Re: Ron Paul To Bernanke: Is Gold Money?

Post by lkwalker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:
What the world needs is not more useless jobs in widget factories and sprout farms but a General Strike against assholery and nonsense.
Eventually I think we will all stop this nonsense and go back to walks in nature, and other simple pleasures.That won't happen for a long time yet, and hollering from a corner on the internet won't do anything to change the mood of the times.

I see massive job creation in local industries as an essential part of the resurrection of Earth. There's no other way...

We're in phase one, economic stagnation under a mad plutocracy .
Phase two would be dynamism. Lots of hard work getting everyone towards a basic standard of living.
Phase three, maybe we'll rest and reflect.

We can't skip the second stage.
Hollering in the void is what we all do. Maybe with a bit of luck someone will listen.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Pigeon wrote:The sorry truth is that the rank and file worker is getting less while huge profits are piled up and hoarded. The people who have to sacrifice are the lower rung, not the top.
Yes. And, what's funny is that the people at the top of these giant corporations are not the people who started these corporations. They're not visionaries, they're greed machines. They're parasites in suits.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Egg wrote:
Pigeon wrote:The sorry truth is that the rank and file worker is getting less while huge profits are piled up and hoarded. The people who have to sacrifice are the lower rung, not the top.
Yes. And, what's funny is that the people at the top of these giant corporations are not the people who started these corporations. They're not visionaries, they're greed machines. They're parasites in suits.
Power to the worker unions.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Promise of jobs is just and empty promise in the current system. THe stimulus money spent for that proves the point.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Record profits in oil companies (all subsidized by the government) prove that.

The system is a sham.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:36 pm

People want to get high. Look at the actions of people. All of us. We're looking for ways to get high. Some people just find healthier and more altruistic ways to do so.
I think grassroots, direct, voluntary taxation/donations might be a way forward, if governments are going to continue to steal 90 per cent of our wealth.

If more businesses said things like:

- Every meal you buy today feeds two people in India.
- Every 3 pairs of shoes bought this week buys one pair in Africa.
- Every bottle of water bought, 5 per cent goes to a Hydroponic farm in New Orleans.
- etc etc.

Businesses that started doing things like that would see a big increase in revenue.

We need to take responsibility for where our 'charity' money goes, cos most big charities are fakes. No Haiti money reached the poor.

If we had more grassroots donations, we could mix decadence and altruism, and weave charity into the economy of our society without any headaches or fuss.

Ultimately, we need to get away from charity, it's only a stopgap. I see it more as war reparations than giving.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Your "problem" is that you've traveled and you think. You can actually think.

I'm being sarcastic. It's not a problem, I just don't think most do either.

I'm with you, man.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:41 pm

And I hope this hasn't come off as shitting on your beliefs.
It's fine, go ahead. Ideas need to be challenged, cut down, and refined.
I'm all for them. I most certainly think everyone's entitled to a bigger piece of the pie.

Actually I think we need to create many new pies. We're all scrabbling over a rancid, puke filled 10 year old pork pie, when we could be making many more.
When I hear people say the opposite, I feel like telling them if they want true darwinism say so, some bigger person would happily oblige taking all they have from them. It's just that simple.
I see some Americans spout this social Darwinism crapola. Yes, it will come round to bite them in the ass eventually.
We're either in it together or we're not.
Alex Collier, of all people, says "Only when we serve each other will we be free."

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Your "problem" is that you've traveled and you think. You can actually think.

I'm being sarcastic. It's not a problem, I just don't think most do either.

I'm with you, man.
People don't need to be geniuses. They just need to see the basic sense in putting money into creating agricultural space, setting up basic needs systems etc.

I have a lot of faith that people will be very attracted towards grassroots charity, companies that give a percentage of their profits away will do very well in the future.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:Alex Collier, of all people, says "Only when we serve each other will we be free."
There's a lot of truth in that. When you speak to economically conservative minded people they often talk about social programs as some form of blackmail - "so, if I don't do this there will be more crime? That's blackmail!"
They never see the system as the closed system that it is. If you take too much you're taking out of someone else's mouth. That's the truth. If they realize this and decide to take from you, you're just as much to blame as they are.