How To Liberate America From Wall Street Rule

Egg

How To Liberate America From Wall Street Rule

Post by Egg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 pm

How to Liberate America from Wall Street Rule spells out details of a six-part policy agenda to rebuild a sensible system of community-based and accountable financial services institutions.

1.Break up the mega-banks and implement tax and regulatory policies that favor community financial institutions, with a preference for those organized as cooperatives or as for-profits owned by nonprofit foundations.
2.Establish state-owned partnership banks in each of the 50 states, patterned after the Bank of North Dakota. These would serve as depositories for state financial assets to use in partnership with community financial institutions to fund local farms and businesses.
3.Restructure the Federal Reserve to function under strict standards of transparency and public scrutiny, with General Accounting Office audits and Congressional oversight.
4.Direct all new money created by the Federal Reserve to a Federal Recovery and Reconstruction Bank rather than the current practice of directing it as a subsidy to Wall Street banks. The FRRB would have a mandate to fund essential green infrastructure projects as designated by Congress.
5.Rewrite international trade and investment rules to support national ownership, economic self-reliance, and economic self-determination.
6.Implement appropriate regulatory and fiscal measures to secure the integrity of financial markets and the money/banking system.

Way More Here:
http://www.yesmagazine.org/blogs/david- ... te-america

lkwalker

Re: How To Liberate America From Wall Street Rule

Post by lkwalker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Don't you see it's all over? There is nothing to be done but to ensure that a kind man is in charge of the empire in order to mitigate the pain as we pass through the meat grinder of history. We have such a man now, fortunately. This is no longer economics, it's triage. Even the Murnut's Popsicle can't salvage this damaged nation of ours. We are at the very end of the rope. Snap...
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

The future is that other nations will honor and value the US dollar as we desire at the barrel of a gun.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 am

No. By means of the printing press the empire will unilaterally repudiate it's debt. And hell will ensue. Ultimately America will be third world and occupied. But that's a few years in the future.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:12 am

If you want to see the future look to the past. Read Gibbon.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 am

3.Restructure the Federal Reserve to function under strict standards of transparency and public scrutiny, with General Accounting Office audits and Congressional oversight.
4.Direct all new money created by the Federal Reserve to a Federal Recovery and Reconstruction Bank rather than the current practice of directing it as a subsidy to Wall Street banks. The FRRB would have a mandate to fund essential green infrastructure projects as designated by Congress.
No

3. Abolish the Federal Reserve and see note after walkers quote below.

4, All mortgage debt owed by home owners is null and void.
There is nothing to be done but to ensure that a kind man is in charge of the empire in order to mitigate the pain as we pass through the meat grinder of history. We have such a man now, fortunately.
The man in charge should have the guts to pardon citizens for killing the rascals.
One man can make enormous change as president using a simple but forgotten key granted to him by the Constitution. Allow me to demonstrate:

Lest's say for sake of argument that I am elected president.

I say "OK congress, we will now make the following change to the tax code: hence forth the IRS shall use the following form at tax time:

Line 1, How much did you make?

Line 2, How much did it cost to make line one?

Line 3, Subtract line 2 from line 1.

Line 4, Pay 10 percent of line 3 as your income tax."

Congress gives me a raspberry.

I say OK you dipshits watch this:

"My fellow Americans, until such time as congress see's fit to make the change, I will pardon anyone who kills an employee of the IRS."
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 am

GOOD SHIT! Everyone. Nice.

I think we're going down the shitter and will hopefully emerge cleaner than before. Anything for some discussion. :D

The popsicle thing still cracks me up.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 am

I disagree. It's not good shit; it's really, really dark thought.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 am

Jesus. Maybe we should just make a forum for dark thoughts. The threads aren't enough.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 am

lkwalker wrote:
Don't you see it's all over? There is nothing to be done but to ensure that a kind man is in charge of the empire in order to mitigate the pain as we pass through the meat grinder of history. We have such a man now, fortunately. This is no longer economics, it's triage. Even the Murnut's Popsicle can't salvage this damaged nation of ours. We are at the very end of the rope. Snap...
Strange. I said in a post a couple of days ago that things are really bad in the US. You immediately told me that they are not.

Make up your mind.