9/11 and what?

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: 9/11 and what?

Post by Pam » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 pm

It is a recurring nighmare that I have, I am in a plane and it crashes into a tall building, not the World Trade Centre, just an unknown office building. I have had it for many years even before 9/11.

The morning it happened (9/11) for some strange unknown reason I had turned on the TV and put CNN on. I don't normally turn the TV on in the morning. I was watching the replayed video of the first plane and I was blown away, that was what my dream was like. I felt sick inside and was devastated and so sad for the people in the plane and the building. I thought it was an accident not a terrorist attack.

Just as I was about to turn the TV off to go to work the second plane entered the other building. I know I am far away from NY but I was terrified and horrified at what was happening.

I had to leave for work, I was already going to be late at this point. When I got to the office, everyone was watching the news on their Computers and no one could concentrate at all. I think it was when I got to the office that I heard about the Pentagon building as well. I think I just kept going from one news site to another for a solid two hours and could not focus on my job in any way shape or form.

I stepped outside to have a cigarette, it was silent, there were no planes in the air, it was a very eerie feeling. I lit my cigarette. I knew people through my work that worked in the World Trade Centre. I hadn't thought about them until I was outside.

I stood outside by myself smoking and I cried.... all the innocent deaths, the number of people killed that day was overwhelming to me. Watching the events of that entire day broke my heart.

I will never forget that day or the lives that were lost, it is one of the most horrific things I have witnessed in my entire life.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Royal wrote:
I think all my writing is shit. Period. But I here that's how all writers see their writing.
No, actually it is only the good writers. Because they have a built in bullshit detector, and it helps them weed out the crap. Sometimes during the writing process itself, while working on the first draft, and sometimes later on while editing or rewriting.

Bad writers just keep spouting out the words like there is no tomorrow, everything stays, and the crappy bits end up stinking up the whole text/manuscript.

Mur

Post by Mur » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 pm

I was surfing....

The waves were incredible

I was pretty much newly married, with a young son.

I had the day off.

It was truly a beautiful day...the ocean was like glass except for slow rolling swells that were over head.

I took a break about 9am to call the wife to let her know how great the surf was.

All circuits were busy.

I had a granola bar and turned to pick up my board to go back out.

My phone rang and she told me what was happening.

Suddenly the thought of war ended any thoughts of perfect waves.

I was two hours away from home....my only thoughts were to get back to my son asap

Egg

Post by Egg » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 pm

My buddy Matty called me to tell me. I was sleeping. I heard his message and thought he was joking. 5 minutes later my mom called me to tell me. Somehow (I really don't remember how) I got in touch with my sister. She and my brother in law were working on Manhattan and had to cross the 59th street bridge to get home. I told them to meet me on the Queens side where I picked them up. Some time the next day myself and some non-union grips brought lights down to the site. The union took over not long after.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm

myself and some non-union grips brought lights down to the site
What was your first thought when you saw the area?

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:31 pm

itai wrote:right after 9/11 is when I started really getting into conspiracy and remember being TERRIFIED of everything I saw on the news. Terror threat levels were daily and broadcasted like the damn weather. I remember how-to's on surviving chemical retaliation once the war started. I was a 15 year old that was completely living in fear for so many things that I didn't rs even know were possible until 9/11

This is an annual reminder for me on how we are sold fear.

But in a way it's cool because It's what got me here and I really like it here. Im just glad I am not as OBSESSED as I use to be about knowing the truth in the world. I have decided there is no truth. lol
You are bright and you are correct. Fear is a commodity. But there is a truth... and that is it. We all die just once. The 'how' matters much less than the 'why.' And this is why I'm a majorleague Itai fan. You see clearly. And that is rare.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Mur

Post by Mur » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Egg wrote:My buddy Matty called me to tell me. I was sleeping. I heard his message and thought he was joking. 5 minutes later my mom called me to tell me. Somehow (I really don't remember how) I got in touch with my sister. She and my brother in law were working on Manhattan and had to cross the 59th street bridge to get home. I told them to meet me on the Queens side where I picked them up. Some time the next day myself and some non-union grips brought lights down to the site. The union took over not long after.

About a year later....I was working in NYC....mortgage biz.

During the application process...we collect paystubs W-2's etc.

One lady faxed the stuff over and as I was reviewing...I noticed her W-2's listed WTC-2 as the address for her employer.

I talked to her later in the day and I told her i could not help but notice.

She said she was late for work that morning....and she started to cry

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:
itai wrote:right after 9/11 is when I started really getting into conspiracy and remember being TERRIFIED of everything I saw on the news. Terror threat levels were daily and broadcasted like the damn weather. I remember how-to's on surviving chemical retaliation once the war started. I was a 15 year old that was completely living in fear for so many things that I didn't rs even know were possible until 9/11

This is an annual reminder for me on how we are sold fear.

But in a way it's cool because It's what got me here and I really like it here. Im just glad I am not as OBSESSED as I use to be about knowing the truth in the world. I have decided there is no truth. lol
You are bright and you are correct. Fear is a commodity. But there is a truth... and that is it. We all die just once. The 'how' matters much less than the 'why.' And this is why I'm a majorleague Itai fan. You see clearly. And that is rare.
lol major league!! I do like to play with the idea that maybe we die more than once. So im not crystal clear I guess.. sorry :( Why not wonder that I mean has there ever been a dead person that has told you differently... this makes me want to share my grandmother dream on the dream board.

have I already done that?... I feel like I have... I'll check.. and If I didn't I will.

yes I did just have a conversation with myself... that is not as bad as parenthesis in parenthesis.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Sure. Who can say? We may die a thousand times. But every time just once. I'm sorry about the death of your grandmother. She was my grandmother too. and I loved her as much as you. And we'll all be grand somethings or other some day. And hopefully, loved. It's a shame but it's reality. It's what we have. For me, to you, I wish you no fear. Not because it's not real, but because it's pointless. I remember writing to you during the hurricane- asking you to get a hundred miles away. Why? Because I feared for you. And your response? Something on the order of, 'fuckit. I have no fear.' But I know you did and I also know that you transcended it and decided to do life, come what may. And that's what every human ought to do. And that's the reason that I like you and admire you. And while you may think upon occasion that you're not much of anything, in truth you are a bit of everything. I saw that in you over there and that's the reason I asked you to come here. Majorleague, you are. And when you forget, I'll remind you. Like it or not.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Like Royal, I was also a senior in high school. The clock radio woke me up at 7am Pacific time, and the DJ was saying something about two planes hitting the towers. I hadn't had my coffee or cigarette yet, so it didn't really register with me. I went to school and arrived in my economics class a little early. The few kids that were there already were all glued to the TV and so was my teacher. After class started the principal came on and made a little speech, we had a moment of silence and she said if we had a way to get home we could go home or just watch CNN all day at school until our parents came. So, I walked back home and just watched TV until it was time to go work in the afternoon. When I got to work, everyone was in the conference room watching CNN and my boss said I could either work, watch CNN with them or go home. Two of my co-workers had a relative that worked in one of the towers. They kept trying to call but all circuits were busy. I just remember the look of panic and terror on her face. I don't think I said more than a few words to anyone that day. I got home and asked my aunt if I could borrow her car to go see her. So, I went and visited my mom, who was staying in a like a half-way house for mental patients. My mom was given a sedative because apparently she had freaked out earlier that day, so it was really hard to talk to her. After she fell asleep, I drove to my dad's apartment on my way back home, and he had left a note saying he was at AA meetings all day because his sponsees were freaking out and so were a bunch of other members getting ready to take a drink. So, I went to the Alano Club where the meetings were held and sat through 2 AA meetings the rest of the night with my dad. I didn't cry the whole day until I started talking about it at the last meeting. Almost everyone else was crying too. The whole day, I felt like I was in a fog until that meeting. It was like the magnitude of what had happened had finally hit me, all those people inside and the jumpers and the rescue workers and the people on the planes. They had all died that day. Lost their lives. I felt devastated for them. So, I went back home and my boyfriend was there with my aunt. My aunt let me spend the night at his house that night. She figured it was traumatic and I was only a few days from being 18 anyway. We ended up just watching CNN all night and crying.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter