Why Libya and not Palestine?

Snow Crash

Why Libya and not Palestine?

Post by Snow Crash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:33 pm

There have been certain people who have been crowing over the military... whatever the hell it is... in Libya, saying that it is so nobel what Obama and Friends are doing on behalf of the Libyan people.

Now, why is it that those same people turn a blind eye to what is happening in Palestine? We hear about GQKadahffffeeeee is so evil, so twisted etc for all that he has done, and that his brutal suppression of the rebel forces within his country must be stopped... but what about Israel? Israel routinely attacks the Palestinians, violates their rights, humiliates them, starves them, denies them complex medical and building materials, denies them utilities as much as it can, kills UN personnel deliberately, kills aid workers and protestors regularly. Oh, and did I mention that it has used chemical weapons on civillians?

What's the difference between Libya and Israel?
Make way for the Bad Guy

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: Why Libya and not Palestine?

Post by Pam » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 pm

There is no difference other than them being in bed with the USA.

It is like defending your child when he does something bad, just because it is your kid. "My little angel would never do that" kind of thing.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

I honestly don't know why they're in Libya... it's probably deeper than just oil.

We should be wary of throwing out simple explanations for such a multi-levelled conflict.

They were probably in Iraq for at least 3 different reasons.

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Pam wrote:There is no difference other than them being in bed with the USA.

It is like defending your child when he does something bad, just because it is your kid. "My little angel would never do that" kind of thing.
So you mean those that support the action against Libya and yet turn a blind eye to Israel's atrocities, or worse, accuse those pointing it out of being antisemetic, are in fact collosal hypocrites?
Make way for the Bad Guy

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:I honestly don't know why they're in Libya... it's probably deeper than just oil.

We should be wary of throwing out simple explanations for such a multi-levelled conflict.

They were probably in Iraq for at least 3 different reasons.
You're likely correct. There's oil to be had, guns to be sold, strategic gains to be had, not to mention reconstruction projects to be awarded.
Make way for the Bad Guy

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Friends defend their friends...... often even when their friends are in the wrong.

Whether it be a political friend, a country that is a friend, or your neighbour that is a friend.

Take some of the gang bangs that occurred at Amkon. Many had no problem defending their friends, even though at times, some were clearly in the wrong.

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Pam wrote:Friends defend their friends...... often even when their friends are in the wrong.

Whether it be a political friend, a country that is a friend, or your neighbour that is a friend.

Take some of the gang bangs that occurred at Amkon. Many had no problem defending their friends, even though at times, some were clearly in the wrong.
LOL... there is a SLIGHT difference between arguing over an internet forum and brutalizing and entire population, Pam.

So would you say then that those people that support action against Libya in aid of the people, but not Israel are hypocrites?
Make way for the Bad Guy

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

You're likely correct. There's oil to be had, guns to be sold, strategic gains to be had, not to mention reconstruction projects to be awarded.
At the very least. I'm sure some of the esoteric reasons for the Middle-Eastern wars are at least partially correct, though mired in disinfo.

I remember they were hellbent on searching Baghdad museum. Why why why?

anarch

Post by anarch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 pm

I have read the Palestine will be formally recognized by the UN this September.

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:
At the very least. I'm sure some of the esoteric reasons for the Middle-Eastern wars are at least partially correct, though mired in disinfo.

I remember they were hellbent on searching Baghdad museum. Why why why?
I've not paid too much attention to any of the esoteric theories. What in particular do you think has elements of truth to it?
Make way for the Bad Guy