Why Libya and not Palestine?

Egg

Re: Why Libya and not Palestine?

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 am

Cockslap Buddha wrote:
Libya is about oil...nothing else. Well...maybe Mummar is not well liked in DC. Fresh chance for a new puppet

I don't support that...but Mummar isn't my favorite guy...but I don't really like paying for it either.

It isn't comparable to the Palestinians.

In Libya at least there is an end game.

Not so much for Israel and the Palestinians.
Classic example of an American who has been studying Libya for all of three weeks and is already speaking like an expert.

Scratch away the bluster and you find naught but hot air and ignorance...

You may be right about some things you say but don't think the whole issue can be swept away in a couple of simplistic paragraphs. You're treading water and bluffing.

Confidence + Ignorance = Deadly combo...
So, illuminate us, Buddha. Please, no cockslap right now. I'm tired.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 am

Yeah, I was being cranky again. Sorry... Back to Amkon....

Peace.

I just don't understand how people can speak with such certainty about a conflict that has been raging on many many levels for centuries.

I'm going to warren that post anyway...

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:14 am

Huh? Don't worry about it. Just wanted to hear what you have to say.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:19 am

I honestly don't know what's going on there but I think that there's something bigger than oil they are after.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 am

Cockslap Buddha wrote:I honestly don't know what's going on there but I think that there's something bigger than oil they are after.
There's also a large underground aquifer that supplies Libya with 60% of its water. Private companies and rich individuals have been buying up fresh water sources for awhile now.

Mur

Post by Mur » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:35 am

Cockslap Buddha wrote:
Libya is about oil...nothing else. Well...maybe Mummar is not well liked in DC. Fresh chance for a new puppet

I don't support that...but Mummar isn't my favorite guy...but I don't really like paying for it either.

It isn't comparable to the Palestinians.

In Libya at least there is an end game.

Not so much for Israel and the Palestinians.
Classic example of an American who has been studying Libya for all of three weeks and is already speaking like an expert.

Scratch away the bluster and you find naught but hot air and ignorance...

You may be right about some things you say but don't think the whole issue can be swept away in a couple of simplistic paragraphs. You're treading water and bluffing.

Confidence + Ignorance = Deadly combo...

Hey...just my opinion....I don't claim to be an expert on anything.....but given USA history.....our military gets involved when there is some type of strategic value.

Rarely is just about humanitarian value.

Could be about water...dunno...but black gold seems to be something of strategic value....especially for the corporate masters

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 am

Off the top of my head, outside of oil, it's only water and possibly Libya's location. Northern Africa with plenty of ports, near the Middle East.

Mur

Post by Mur » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 am

Mummar has pissed off DC plenty of times...so I would not be surprised if that was part of it.

But I can justify spending the money to protect corporate interests....when the USA is broke.

Probably the plan is to install someone friendly to the USA.....I mean...come on now.

Lots of Western corporate dollars tied up there

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:01 am

Mur wrote:Mummar has pissed off DC plenty of times...so I would not be surprised if that was part of it.

But I can justify spending the money to protect corporate interests....when the USA is broke.

Probably the plan is to install someone friendly to the USA.....I mean...come on now.

Lots of Western corporate dollars tied up there
Do western oil companies own the refineries and such over there? Do you know?

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 am

There's also a large underground aquifer that supplies Libya with 60% of its water. Private companies and rich individuals have been buying up fresh water sources for awhile now.
Good point.

Mur, I was hoping we could look deeper into the issue without dismissing the other aspects of it, but I shouldn't have phrased my post like that. Sorry...