Post by Dr Exile » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh, I see... A religious guy.
:biglol:
Credo quia absurdum.

Dr Exile

Re: President announces that the war in Iraq is over

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Somehow I like old Louis.

Controversial Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan condemned the killing of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi on Tuesday, warning that America and other Western powers will soon face severe consequences for their support of the uprising that led to the dictator's death.

"I know something of the good of Moammar Gadhafi that made me to love him as a brother and to feel a great sense of loss at his assassination. Gadhafi died in honor, fighting for the Libya that he believed in."

Farrakhan and Gadhafi were allies for decades.

In 1996, around the time Gadhafi shifted from pan-Arab to pan-African ambitions, Farrakhan was criticized for traveling to meet the leader in Tripoli.

The following year, Gadhafi addressed Nation of Islam members via satellite, calling Farrakhan a "courageous freedom fighter" who galvanized African-Americans at the Million Man March in Washington and Muslims in nations around the world.

Chicago's Mosque Maryam, the Nation of Islam's international headquarters, was purchased 40 years ago with a $3 million loan from Gadhafi, but Farrakhan said his admiration of Gadhafi was not tied to Gadhafi's money or power.

"We were in Libya," Farrakhan said. "We saw Libya being built from the ground up. We witnessed what this man did for the Libyan people."

Farrakhan acknowledged that Gadhafi had killed people, but he said all other world leaders, including President Barack Obama, are responsible for the deaths of others.

"Did he kill people? Well, hell, did our president kill people? Talk back to me!" Farrakhan said, prompting some of his supporters to say, "Yes," in reply.

"You have made your president an assassin, that the only value that he has now is that he was responsible for the death of (al-Qaida leader) Osama bin Laden," Farrakhan said, his voice rising. "He was captured without a weapon. He should have been brought to America, put on trial for the American people to see this man. But he was executed so you will never know the real truth."

Farrakhan blamed Obama's advisers — whom he called "wicked demons" — for what he sees as a flawed American foreign policy that he said serves the interests of the powerful international corporations, not working-class Americans.

"Now, Moammar Gadhafi and his sons lie dead," Farrakhan said. "Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and his sons lie dead. Well, what about your sons? They're dying in Iraq on the basis of a lie. They're dying in Afghanistan on the basis of a lie. And now drones are in Pakistan, drones in Somalia, drones in Yemen. When will it stop? America, do you think that you can get away with this? The media is bought and paid for. You don't have a democracy when you don't have a free press, you're all slaves, and you love it. So you deserve what you get — the erosion of your democracy. You'll soon be the laughingstock of the world."

"I want you to know that you're through as a world power. Through, through."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 0121.story
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 pm

You know, I can't disagree with Farrakhan here.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 pm

the Nation of Islam's international headquarters, was purchased 40 years ago with a $3 million loan from Gadhafi,
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi