President announces that the war in Iraq is over

TraumaT

Re: President announces that the war in Iraq is over

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Pigeon wrote:He started on 1-20. Didn't he get the prize within about a month? Glad people are happy with that because his leadership is still guiding our country down the tubes. HAHA.
And the man before him in the White House have of course no responsibility for anything? You know, that guy who sat there for 8 years and started a few kinda expensive wars before he could retire to his ranch and drink all day long, probably to forget all the creepy shit he did as President?

No, I guess Bush has nothing to do with the economic crisis. Must be all Obama's fault. Only his.

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:27 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:I think it upset people because it was given to him before he did anything to deserve it.
Americans STILL do not understand that he got he Peace Prize not because of internal politics and stuff in the US. He got it because he was a president that right from the start showed willingness to communicate across boarders, he promoted openness and tolerance, he showed respect for other cultures and religions. The rest of the world could finally sleep at night, not having to worry constantly about what that war mongerer Bush and his creepy advisors would no next. Shudder.

Obama created a whole new climate in global politics, and THAT is why he got the Peace Price. Jeez, how many times?!

:-P
With that reasoning, it sounds to me like the people who voted him in should have gotten the peace prize and not him.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Egg wrote:
TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:I think it upset people because it was given to him before he did anything to deserve it.
Americans STILL do not understand that he got he Peace Prize not because of internal politics and stuff in the US. He got it because he was a president that right from the start showed willingness to communicate across boarders, he promoted openness and tolerance, he showed respect for other cultures and religions. The rest of the world could finally sleep at night, not having to worry constantly about what that war mongerer Bush and his creepy advisors would no next. Shudder.

Obama created a whole new climate in global politics, and THAT is why he got the Peace Price. Jeez, how many times?!

:-P
With that reasoning, it sounds to me like the people who voted him in should have gotten the peace prize and not him.
Hahaha, I see your point. And the idiot asshole republicans who voted Bush in - TWICE!!!! - should get a kick in the ass. Or better yet, have their right to vote taken away from them forever. Fuck democracy if people are gonna use it to put creeps in charge.

Hm, I seem kinda crazy now, I guess. Oh well, what else is new, hahaha.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:31 pm

"Very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the Nobel committee said in its citation.
Hope, can we go to hope and earn a paycheck or put hope on the dinner table or live under it's roof.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Many people have spoken out for hope and peace for decades. It's our world, what we say not what we do.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Pigeon wrote:
"Very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the Nobel committee said in its citation.
Hope, can we go to hope and earn a paycheck or put hope on the dinner table or live under it's roof.
Keep on whining, the rest of the world like and respect Obama. Nothing you guys can do about that. And the Peace Prize is an international prize. It is NOT about internal economic politics, it is not about paychecks. It is about creating and promoting PEACE. Obama created a climate where dialog could take place, and dialog is crucial to accomplish and maintain peace. Why can't Americans understand that?

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Pigeon wrote:Many people have spoken out for hope and peace for decades.
And it's not like Obama is the only one who has been awarded the Peace Prize either.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Keep on whining
You suck.

We just want our leadership to start caring about the average person, not big business and Congress members.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Keep on whining
You suck.

We just want our leadership to start caring about the average person, not big business and Congress members.
I understand, Pigeon. But what frustrates me is that Americans just do not get what the Peace Prize is about. Americans think it is about the US and what goes on inside the boarders of the US. And that is simply not the case.

Sorry if that makes me suck.

ETA: The "whining" comment was not directed at you spesifically. It was directed at Americans in general. Just to clearify.

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I still don't get it.

Basically, someone freaked out the international community so badly that his successor was entitled to a peace prize because he is who he is and not like his predecessor.

I voted for the man and I was still taken aback.