President announces that the war in Iraq is over

Dr Exile

Re: President announces that the war in Iraq is over

Post by Dr Exile » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I think Minister Farrakhan should get the Peace Prize.
Credo quia absurdum.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Egg wrote:I still don't get it.

Basically, someone freaked out the international community so badly that his successor was entitled to a peace prize because he is who he is and not like his predecessor.

I voted for the man and I was still taken aback.
I think what many Americans don't know, is just how despised Bush was. I don't think Americans understand that the rest of the world watched with complete horror as that out of control creep created this politic climate where suspicion and cold fronts popped up everywhere... You got the feeling that WWIII could break out any minute, for any excuse whatsoever.

Bush was also very scary because he was seen as a know-nothing drunk, a boy that his father managed to slip into power by using his money and connections. The dumb boy acting as a puppet on a string for sinister and powerful people around him...

Obama managed to gain trust and respect for the US again. A bit of hope for the world as a whole. I find it weird that Americans don't appreciate that more than they do. But I see things from the outside, so my perspective is of course way different than yours.

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 pm

No, I live in America and despised Bush as my president. I think he really destroyed this country. I've also been lucky enough to have lived abroad and still have plenty of friends who live all over the world.

I still don't see what he did, aside going for a more sane approach to diplomacy, that is so special. I see no difference between him and Clinton and Bush Sr when it comes to international relations. He's acted more as a moderate than anything else. Whatever... I wish the man well (very well). I hope he makes everyone who has become disillusioned in him eat their words but I don't see what he did that was so special between his inauguration and October of 2009.

Jimmy Carter deserved his peace prize. He earned it.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Egg wrote:No, I live in America and despised Bush as my president. I think he really destroyed this country. I've also been lucky enough to have lived abroad and still have plenty of friends who live all over the world.

I still don't see what he did, aside going for a more sane approach to diplomacy, that is so special. I see no difference between him and Clinton and Bush Sr when it comes to international relations. He's acted more as a moderate than anything else. Whatever... I wish the man well (very well). I hope he makes everyone who has become disillusioned in him eat their words but I don't see what he did that was so special between his inauguration and October of 2009.

Jimmy Carter deserved his peace prize. He earned it.
We agree about Jimmy Carter, at least. And the rest... Well, it is what it is. I have tried to explain the reasons for awarding Obama the Peace Prize, and I can't say much more than I have already done. The Americans just don't get it. They never will. And I get that, hahaha.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 pm

History will be kind to Jimmy Carter.

The inarticulate retarded swamp donkey Bush set the date to pull out of Iraq, yet Obama will claim credit. Obama's crime was not pulling out the day he took office. Obama did nothing but enrich Daddy Warbucks more and more each day he did not pull out.
Credo quia absurdum.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 pm

The Americans just don't get it.
We Americans fully understand that Obama is a war monger.

As Minister Farrakhan said: "We voted for our brother Barack....... and now he's an assassin."
Credo quia absurdum.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Dr Exile wrote:History will be kind to Jimmy Carter.

The inarticulate retarded swamp donkey Bush set the date to pull out of Iraq, yet Obama will claim credit. Obama's crime was not pulling out the day he took office. Obama did nothing but enrich Daddy Warbucks more and more each day he did not pull out.
If Obama can get blamed for the shithole Bush put the US economy in, then he can also get credit for the date Bush set. Only fair.
Last edited by TraumaT on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Dr Exile wrote:
The Americans just don't get it.
We Americans fully understand that Obama is a war monger.

As Minister Farrakhan said: "We voted for our brother Barack....... and now he's an assassin."
Not sure who this Farrakhan guy is...

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Credo quia absurdum.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh, I see... A religious guy.

Well, I am sure this will earn me a few more "You suck", but I don't pay much attention to what religious people think. Too many of them are severely confused and lack the ability to use simple logic and reason.

And yes, I know, I suck. Big time.