One of Gadhafi's sons killed in NATO airstrike, Libyan offic

Pam
Princess Feet

One of Gadhafi's sons killed in NATO airstrike, Libyan offic

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's youngest son -- Saif al-Arab Gadhafi --was killed after a NATO airstrike, a spokesman for Libya's government said Sunday at a press conference.

Moammar Gadhafi and his wife were in their son's house when it was targeted, spokesman Musa Ibrahim said. Both of them are in good health, according to the spokesman.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/04 ... 1&iref=BN1

Wow, wonder where this will take things?

Pana

Re: One of Gadhafi's sons killed in NATO airstrike, Libyan o

Post by Pana » Sun May 01, 2011 12:22 am

Um, I might be mistaken here but isn't NATO now targeting civilians? This also kind of reminds of the eighties where the Americans also bombed what they thought was Ghadaffi's tent (it was) but ended up killing one of his infant sons.

I was reading on the BBC this morning that Ghaddafi had already agreed to a ceasefire (that did not include him relinquishing power) - so what's with the air strike?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun May 01, 2011 12:44 am

I was surprised to hear about an airstrike as well, I thought they had reached an agreement or were in the process of negotiating to come to an agreement at least.

I hadn't seen much in the news about Libya or Japan with all the Royal fussing going on.

It will hit home for him in a very negative way I think if his youngest son was killed, I would assume any talks would be off now.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Sun May 01, 2011 4:53 am

We killed his daughter a few years ago. This is bullshit. Dissolve the US Military and let Bubba defend our country.

"That's right,
You tell them son,
Isolationism can be fun!

Back to Berry,
Back to cash and carry,
Back with Berry's Boys!"
Credo quia absurdum.