Make Love Not War

Cartoonsyndicate

Re: Make Love Not War

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

One in a while it's good to peek behind the vail. You don't need to be a Hindu mystic to do that.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:The moralism, while I understand it, is misplaced. There lies secreted in the heart of man a certain nihilism that rails against the meaningless materialism of civilization. There resides there an urge to ' murder and create' in the words of Eliot. A requirement to bust the idols of society... Elevate your awares and revel in the exquisite symbols of that Vancouver moment. Or not... I don't really care.

Ain't that the truth.

That's what Indiee's here for. He's a natural

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I actually do believe he understands what I'm saying.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I think he sees it so clearly he has a hard time seeing anything else.... and there's nothing "wrong" with that.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Hahahahaha. Maybe so.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Well, taken to the Nth degree and we all die.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 pm

By extension it should mean praise for those who smashed the towers and destroyed the life of so many in NY.