The Paul Ryan RNC 2012 speech

Pigeon

The Paul Ryan RNC 2012 speech

Post by Pigeon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:52 pm

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

- Foxnews

Royal

Re: The Paul Ryan RNC 2012 speech

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:30 pm

"Ann Romney ... looked to me like a corporate wife," he said. "The stories she told about struggles — eh! It's hard for me to believe. I mean, she's a very rich woman, and I know that, and America knows that." There was a distinct pause, and then host Bret Baier said, "Wow, OK." Host Megyn Kelly asked, "What does that mean, 'corporate wife?'"

-Fox News

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 pm

"Republican nominee was once seen as a kiss-up in his younger years, earning the title “biggest brown-noser” as a senior in high school"

Pretty much explains everything.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Last week, Mitt Romney picked Paul Ryan, the Republican architect of Congress's radical right-wing budget plan, as his running mate. Ryan has previously cited Rage Against the Machine as one of his favorite bands. Rage guitarist Tom Morello responds in this exclusive op-ed.

Ryan claims that he likes Rage's sound, but not the lyrics. Well, I don't care for Paul Ryan's sound or his lyrics. He can like whatever bands he wants, but his guiding vision of shifting revenue more radically to the one percent is antithetical to the message of Rage.

I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "Fuck the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings!

Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z25AAcIDYD

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:52 pm

The time has come where the lies and corruption is no longer hidden. Too many people have accepted it as a way of life from politicians.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Pigeon wrote:The time has come where the lies and corruption is no longer hidden. Too many people have accepted it as a way of life from politicians.
That's changing. The speed at which politicians lies and half-truths are countered and agendas foiled are faster than ever.

Give me a couple million dollars to start a documentary on NBC, ABC, or FOX called "Logic" and I can raise the average IQ of the country in 2 years.

Something a mix of humor, and insight by a well known likable comedian or business man who explores all the dogmas ruining the country.

Sacha Baron Cohen tries to achieve this in his own way.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 am

HA. I look at the people out here and think no way. They will be supporting anything with a REP next to it's name. They all thought Palin was some great politician.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:16 am

Visual Resonance

+

Linguistically Relativity

+

Pander ability

=

Electability

(As perceived through the years. It seems that policy and principles really don't matter )

Find a rich person who thinks he can become president and allocate his resources to my team of electioneers and advisors with principles in something deeper than clean haircuts and bailed out corporations.. Damn it, why didn't I think of that kind of inception.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 am

It's become too much like Hollywood.