Blockchain 360: Hype Thread

Royal

Blockchain 360: Hype Thread

Post by Royal » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Lots of hype about blockchain now reaching mainstream.

For the opening post, I present the first block chain presentation by Deloite. I use actual quotes with what is actually happening for the viewer. The actual snippets are to present everything wrong with the world as viewed by a job search procrastinator.

Said
Host: “We are here to talk about blockchain”

Actual
Host: “We are here to appear has a cutting-edge organization. To appear friendly and smart, we will use glasses, pastel dress shirts, and plaid sports coats”

Said
Host: “So Wendy, whats the simplest way to talk about blockchain?”
Wendy: “So, blockchain is a linking…”

Actual
Host: “Do you even know wtf blockchain is?”
Wendy: “I just learned from my nephew a few days ago, I will reexplain with high vocabulary to appear smart but further complicate the idea”

Said
Foreign Accent Guy: “So as soon as we agree, all of us, to put a new block on the chain, its going to be distributed to everybody on the chain…”

Actual
Foreign Accent Guy: “Hear my accent, see my glasses, and my mannerisms, what I must be saying is exciting and cutting edge technology”

Said
Host: “So we all participate in saying it’s a valid entry that can be added, or action taken, and we all have a copy of changes that were made…”

Actual
Host: “My hand gesture is a strategic move to show I am understanding not-new information while I tell you my pre-scripted lines”

Said
Host: “Most people what they heard about in blockchain, they heard it in crypt..so cryptocurrency… but an asset can be more than currency yeah?”

Foreign Accent Guy2: “Even simple data can be an asset, so if you want to create an immutable record of some document, you can actually store a fingerprint of that document, called a hash, on the blockchain, and if anybody tries to change the document, you will know that fingerprint doesn’t match the hash, so it can be information…*cutoff”

Actual
Host: “My overlords told me not to mention cryptocurrency. How do I decrease the fear of blockchain with the elite”

Foreign Accent Guy2: “My plaid jacket and glasses will explain. As a foreigner I am surprised I have the best blockchain definition”

Said: Silent

Actual: “You do have the best blockchain definition but I can’t let you appear smarter than all of us, your speech will be cut off”

Said
Host: “…I think we even said “The ‘democratization of trust’ ”
PastelforBusiness1: “You look at the way we do transactions today, they are all based on a centralized, uh like a bank, that’s clearing everything. And what this does completely disrupts that concept.”

Actual
Host: “I inject a buzzwords here, what do you think?”
PastelforBusiness1: “You will make more money with blockchain”

Said
Host: “Instead of integrity being done by an institution, it will be done by a protocol we agreed upon which is computer science and cryptography”

Actual
Host: “Once again, I use my hands to convey I understand with my prescripted lines”

Said
Everyone: *Silent stare

Actual
Everyone: “We hate that you know more about this and fear you”

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/c ... MIExpectXP