Medieval Kven rulers of Europe

Pana

Re: Medieval Kven rulers of Europe

Post by Pana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Yup. A meteorite. Fell from the sky and early arabic tribes did the dance around it. Later absconded by mohammed's followers. :) Just like a December 21/25 birthdate was absconded by the early Christians from their rivals who practiced Mithradism.

Finnish myths connected with the Bon of Tibet (the earlier, indigenous culture) or the later, imported myths from China and India that were meshed with the Bon myths?

I wonder if any connections could be found with an earlier mythology of the tribes that hung out in the area of Hungary as there is a shared language of origin.

I"m enjoying this Watchtower. Glad you are bringing your interests and energy to the forum.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:11 am

Pana wrote:Yup. A meteorite. Fell from the sky and early arabic tribes did the dance around it. Later absconded by mohammed's followers. :) Just like a December 21/25 birthdate was absconded by the early Christians from their rivals who practiced Mithradism.

Finnish myths connected with the Bon of Tibet (the earlier, indigenous culture) or the later, imported myths from China and India that were meshed with the Bon myths?

I wonder if any connections could be found with an earlier mythology of the tribes that hung out in the area of Hungary as there is a shared language of origin.

I"m enjoying this Watchtower. Glad you are bringing your interests and energy to the forum.
Not sure about the Hungerian, there might be, and thanx
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

Pana

Post by Pana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Part of the Uralic language tree.

-Albert Camus

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:33 pm

I have a Finnish friend who got a PhD in Chinese history and he says that the Chinese were in contact with early Finnish peoples eons ago, and that there are similarities in the language.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pana

Post by Pana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 pm

China forms part of the altaic language tree. Includes turkic and mongolian. Might be some borrowed words and transference involving both the uralic and altaic trees. Genghis Khan did get around (in more ways than one. :) )

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Pana wrote:China forms part of the altaic language tree. Includes turkic and mongolian. Might be some borrowed words and transference involving both the uralic and altaic trees. Genghis Khan did get around (in more ways than one. :) )
many would say Genghis Khan was a mere Bandit, but i would say, he made more connections all over the world than mnay other did, and yea the Chinese and Finnish culuteres and words has alot in common, alot more than many thinks, infact the Chinese likes us, lol they have said many times they see us as their cusins in the west ;)
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

Pana

Post by Pana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Yup.
Old Genghis sure did spread his seed around.

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Pana wrote:Yup.
Old Genghis sure did spread his seed around.
He even hold rome for a short while lol