Unless you got a lot of soul

Pigeon

Re: Some Waylon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:18 am

For those good hearted women

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 am

Waylon Arnold Jennings was born in Littlefield, Texas, the seat of Lamb County.

Outlaw Country

In an interview, Jennings recalled the restrictions of the Nashville establishment: “They wouldn't let you do anything. You had to dress a certain way: you had to do everything a certain way.... They kept trying to destroy me.... I just went about my business and did things my way.... You start messing with my music, I get mean.

The Day the Music Died

After a show in Clear Lake, Iowa, Buddy Holly chartered a plane for himself, Allsup, and Jennings to avoid a long bus trip to Fargo, North Dakota. Allsup lost a coin toss to Ritchie Valens for his seat on the plane, while Jennings gave up his seat to J. P. Richardson, who was suffering from a cold and complaining about how uncomfortable a long bus trip was for a man of his size.

Holly jokingly told Jennings, “I hope your ol' bus freezes up!” Jennings replied, “Well, I hope your ol' plane crashes!”

During the early morning hours of February 3, 1959, later known as The Day the Music Died, the charter crashed outside Clear Lake, killing all on board.

Jennings and Allsup continued the tour for two more weeks, featuring Jennings as the lead singer. Jennings later admitted that he felt severe guilt and responsibility for the crash.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 am

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 am