Divination

IndicusMaximus

Re: Divination

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Beware of Royal, the two-faced ninny.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 am

Dr Exile wrote:He's trying to describe his acid trips.
Obviously I am not missing much by being a drug hater, then.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:13 pm

You're only missing a mind shattering trauma which, in my opinion, is far worse than even the most brutal tour in Vietnam.

Well that is unless your surroundings like you.

The walls especially.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm

IndicusMaximus wrote:You're only missing a mind shattering trauma which, in my opinion, is far worse than even the most brutal tour in Vietnam.

Well that is unless your surroundings like you.

The walls especially.
Jeez, look at my TD name, do I look like someone who needs more traumas? Fuck drugs, real life and especially other people can be enough of a bad trip as it is.

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Drugs? never tried any illegal substances. Not my thing, real life is a drug enough, just look at all the crazy people, and you wonder what is wrong.
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 pm

WatchDog wrote:Drugs? never tried any illegal substances. Not my thing, real life is a drug enough, just look at all the crazy people, and you wonder what is wrong.
I basically see pot heads and drug users as dumb coward pussys who doesn't have the guts to take real life standing up, with open eyes and a clear brain. There, I said it, the truth is out.

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:17 pm

TraumaT wrote:
WatchDog wrote:Drugs? never tried any illegal substances. Not my thing, real life is a drug enough, just look at all the crazy people, and you wonder what is wrong.
I basically see pot heads and drug users as dumb coward pussys who doesn't have the guts to take real life standing up, with open eyes and a clear brain. There, I said it, the truth is out.
thank you, i feel the same.
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:13 am

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Hahaha, as usual I have absolutely no idea what the hell your post is about, Royal.

Some cool gifs, though. Well, one or two of them.

:-P

Royal

Post by Royal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 pm

The earth and the ionosphere generate a symphony of frequencies ranging from 0.01 hertz to 300 hertz, and some of the large resonances occurring in the earth’s fields are in the same frequency range as those of the human heart and brain. Resonance phenomena occur with all types of vibrations or waves: there is mechanical resonance, acoustic resonance, electromagnetic resonance, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), electron spin resonance (ESR) and resonance of quantum wave functions. Resonant systems can be used to generate vibrations at a specific frequency (e.g. musical instruments), or pick out specific frequencies from a complex vibration containing many frequencies (e.g. filters). Resonance was recognized by Galileo Galilei with his investigations of pendulums and musical strings beginning in 1602.

The physiological effect of dolphin contact on human beings is characterised by noticeable modifications in brain electrical activity. The actual mechanism of action is still unclear. Through analysis of dolphin sonar signals, and comparison with mechanical resonance frequencies of the human body, a possible mechanism of action becomes apparent.

The brain can make its own 'heroin'. Endorphins are released in the Hypothalamus after vigorous physical exercise, injury, meditation, laughter and chocolate. Endorphins are up to 19 times stronger than morphine. By contrast, heroin is only 7 times stronger than morphine. Being happy is good for the brain. Happy states trigger dopamine release, a feel-good chemical. Personal fulfillment increases neuroplasticity (refers to the way in which the brain can renew itself and reprocess damaging experiences), slows down ageing and improves memory.