The Ghost of Season Hill

Dr Exile

The Ghost of Season Hill

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 am

Some folks in Anarcs ghost thread asked me to tell this story again. (Lost in the big crash at the other site.)

A few years ago I bought an old Antebellum farm house that was part of the Clay estate in Kentucky. The house started out as a log fort in the Indian Wars perpetrated by the British. The fort was built in 1788. The owner was killed by Injuns while he was getting water from the creek. The Clay's bought his interest and in 1792 turned the fort into the overseers house. The overseer was an ass and was killed in self defense by a young slave girl who was later acquitted by a jury of 12 white men. Henry Clays young nephew Cassius was a close friend of the girl and was devastated when his father "sold her south". It was that incident that turned Cassius to the anti slavery side.

When the house was sold to me, a disclaimer on the deed said the house was haunted. According to the real estate agent (who rented the place for a while) the ghost was a little girl who sang at the top of the stairs. My sister, who was to live in the place while I'm away, forbid me to tell her kids about the ghost.

The little ghostie proceeded to drive my sister bats. When the kids were away the ghost would pull toys out of the toy box and role them on the floor. I told her to get some jacks for the spook to play with. My sister was not amused. My mother (step mother, but she's my mom) arranged for three mediums to inspect the place. Each found the spook on the top of the stairs and said it was a small girl.

When Ash and I got married we honey mooned in the house, and Ash's sister in law asked if the place was haunted. Ash, not knowing my sister had forbid me from telling the kids said yes. My sis was about to blow her top when my niece said, "oh yes, she sings outside my door nearly every night." My sister nearly fell over, but it never bothered her after that.

A few nights later I was alone in the house in front of the fire when I thought I heard music upstairs. A few moments later I smelled a sticky sweet smell that seemed to pass by me.

Some day I will read Uncle Remus stories to her.
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Re: The Ghost of Season Hill

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:00 am

Wow! Holy shit! Great story. You ask any of the mediums if there was a way to release her, Doc?

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 am

I don't want to, it's like having a grand daughter. When I can finally live there full time I want to try to contact her.
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 am

I just smiled. Very cool. Hope we're all still in contact so you can tell us about it.

My mother's mother swore she'd come back as the wind. So my mother and my aunt are sitting shiva for her in my aunt's house and attic door which never moved starts getting pushed. You can hear and see it move. Someone puts a chair in front of it and sits down so it doesn't move. The side door, which is heavy and sticks, blows open maybe a minute later.

My mother and aunt believed it was their mother telling them all was well. It never happened before or again.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 am

Now I will have scary dreams :shock:

anarch

Post by anarch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:32 am

Dr Exile wrote:I don't want to, it's like having a grand daughter. When I can finally live there full time I want to try to contact her.

mmmmm

Personally I am a believer of sending them into the light.

...Thats why I could never be on those ghost shows on tv.

Ghosts are not meant to be. They are stuck here. They saw the light, and they turned around but when they went back their was no body. Then they forget which way to turn...the light is lost.

I am one to turn then around again back into the direction of the light.

We all need to die. Death is the sad fact of life.

Being stuck as a ghost doesn't really change that. It just means biodegration on a long slow scale. We all have to return to god..whether we do it fast or slow...but it is better to do it fast..

To do it slow is hell. shalom. the slow slow death. We can't hold our form with out body.

Even jesus needs to go into the light...the holy ghost is mighty and a gesture for all mankind...but as he said in life , we are all the children of god. As such it is our final prodigal path to return to god.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:42 am

As a Jesuit, I would like to be the one to do that.
Credo quia absurdum.

anarch

Post by anarch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

Dr Exile wrote:As a Jesuit, I would like to be the one to do that.

Any human has the potential...you can do it do if you want.

It is a matter of will and attention.