Dyatlov Pass Accident

Pana

Re: Dyatlov Pass Accident

Post by Pana » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah, I read that too, Trauma. The avalanche could be plausible but the tent was not buried in snow and their footprints were still visible. Even if there was an avalanche, it doesn't explain why they didn't try and go back to the campsite afterwards - until they were too far gone. Also, why did they not keep the fire going when they had started one originally? The radiation coming from lamps - then I would expect all of them to have radiation readings and not just the one woman's coat.

Creepy, creepy, creepy.

You have any ideas, Trauma?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Pana wrote:Yeah, I read that too, Trauma. The avalanche could be plausible but the tent was not buried in snow and their footprints were still visible. Even if there was an avalanche, it doesn't explain why they didn't try and go back to the campsite afterwards - until they were too far gone. Also, why did they not keep the fire going when they had started one originally?
Well, Brian Dunnings theory makes sense to me.
Sometime during the night, a loud noise, either from a nearby avalanche, a jet aircraft, or military ordnance, convinced at least five members of the group that an avalanche was bearing down on them. They burst out of the tent wearing whatever they happened to be sleeping in and ran.At some point one of them fell and struck his head on a rock. They became lost in the dark and poor visibility, or simply found themselves stranded with their injured friend, and finally built a fire. They quickly got hypothermia and probably shouted themselves hoarse for their friends. Two of them lost consciousness and the others made a desperation decision: To take what little clothes their two unconscious buddies had and risk it all to try and make it back to camp. One made it 300 meters, the second made it 480, and the third a full 630 meters before all five were dead from hypothermia. Back at camp, the four who didn't panic and run away in the night got dressed, collected provisions, and began to search for their friends. They searched for hours, circling high and low, until at some point either through a slip or just bad luck, they were caught in a real avalanche. During the resulting turmoil one received a fatal skull fracture, one received twelve broken ribs, and one bit her tongue off, all perfectly plausible injuries during such a traumatic death. Their bodies remained buried until the spring thaw, as is so common with avalanche victims.
He also says this about the radiation, and why it was not found on everyone:
And, the thorium lantern mantle question quite probably makes the entire radiation issue a moot point. Assuming they'd changed a lantern mantle sometime during the trip, which nearly always has to be done, there's every reason to expect to find low-level alpha radiation on the clothes of anyone who participated.

Everything he says makes sense to me. It could very well have happened the way he describes in.

But these skiers died over 50 years ago... What we have today is mostly witness statements and heresay, and a few old photos. I don't think this case will ever be solved once and for all. We can only speculate.

But I definetely do not belive that UFOs and aliens had anything to do with this, haha.

Pana

Post by Pana » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Back at camp, the four who didn't panic and run away in the night got dressed, collected provisions, and began to search for their friends. They searched for hours, circling high and low, until at some point either through a slip or just bad luck, they were caught in a real avalanche. During the resulting turmoil one received a fatal skull fracture, one received twelve broken ribs, and one bit her tongue off, all perfectly plausible injuries during such a traumatic death. Their bodies remained buried until the spring thaw, as is so common with avalanche victims.
.[/quote]

Here I would have to disagree with his theory. The four who were found together were not fully clothed. The woman in the group was barefooted with the trousers of the dead guy by the Pine Tree wrapped around her feet, suggesting that this group of four had been with the group under the tree. One of the three men in the group was wearing the coat and hat of the woman with the trousers on her feet suggesting that he took them from her after she died. So I would say they didn't hang around the tent, got themselves dressed and collected provisions.

Also, footprints show them leaving from the tent in a scattered fashion, but meeting up again at the tree line were the fire and two dead bodies were found.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Pana, This was a very interesting story. I have never heard of this before! It gave me the heebie-jeebies..

that is really just crazy.. they must have been terrified :shock:

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Pana wrote:
Here I would have to disagree with his theory. The four who were found together were not fully clothed. The woman in the group was barefooted with the trousers of the dead guy by the Pine Tree wrapped around her feet, suggesting that this group of four had been with the group under the tree. One of the three men in the group was wearing the coat and hat of the woman with the trousers on her feet suggesting that he took them from her after she died. So I would say they didn't hang around the tent, got themselves dressed and collected provisions.

Also, footprints show them leaving from the tent in a scattered fashion, but meeting up again at the tree line were the fire and two dead bodies were found.

So what do you think happened? Do you think it was something supernatural, some secret military experiment gone wrong or aliens scaring the hell out of the skiers?

Just curious.
;)