Lucid Dreaming

Pam
Princess Feet

Lucid Dreaming

Post by Pam » Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 am

This is something I do quite often... not every night but sometimes when I am having difficulty falling asleep I start to think about what I want to dream and I focus my thoughts on what I wish to dream about.

It is a way to take my mind away from what has happened during the day or negative feelings that I might be having. I am usually semi awake and thinking about my dream for up to a hour or more before I fall asleep and the dream will continue.

You have to focus on those thoughts and not let your mind drift away to what might be troubling you.

Does anyone else do this... what kinds of things do you try to dream about and what methods do you use to accomplish it.

Brief info on Lucid Dreaming here: http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

Dr Exile

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by Dr Exile » Sun May 01, 2011 4:43 am

I try to dream about being a u boat commander who scourers the Pacific in search of Jap factory ships to sink, But the Great Pooh invariably intercedes and I dream about dancing pink mastodons who tickle me.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun May 01, 2011 4:47 am

Hahahahahaha that sounds like a good dream :D

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Sun May 01, 2011 4:54 am

So what do you try to dream about?
Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun May 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Dr Exile wrote:So what do you try to dream about?
Usually it is just something peaceful, like a beach setting or some place I have read about and I know I will never get to see it in real life, or a past memory that I would love to do over again or about my Dad that passed away or my nephew that was killed last year (if it about someone that has passed on I ask them to come and visit me in my dreams)

..................... and on the rare occasion it could be sexual in nature ;)

Often a "what if something had gone down differently scenario, rather than how it actually happened"

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Sun May 01, 2011 2:35 pm

I usually try to do this too. I normally try to dream about being a superhero and saving people. I've only managed to dream that a couple times, but it's nice when I do.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun May 01, 2011 2:38 pm

probably better to rent a movie and free up your dreams to inform you.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Sun May 01, 2011 3:28 pm

I have on a few occasions dreamed in this manner. I fall asleep each night with the thoughts of gardening. Mostly thoughts of home. I get there sometimes in my dreams but mostly my dreams are nightmares and they are getting worse.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun May 01, 2011 4:48 pm

I almost never even remember my dreams anymore.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun May 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Egg wrote:I almost never even remember my dreams anymore.

You have to think about it immediately when you wake up before you do anything else.

When you open your eyes or just as you are about to you need to think about what you just dreamt :D