Merely

Kat

Merely

Post by Kat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:44 am

Message subject: Welcome Kat,
Sent: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm
To: Kat
Q. Why don't you start an introduction thread for yourself so we can all get to know you. Dive in.

A. Because maybe they're a bit contrived. Or I want to size up what this forum is about from a distance. Or there might be some questions I want to think over. Is there, like, an agenda, a raison d'être? Why do forums suddenly spring up for no reason and climb to the top of google searches that don't relate in any way (from what I can see) to the forum? Who is in charge? Why? That kind of stuff. So, I will pass on the idea of an introduction thread, but thank you for the suggestion.

Did I post this in the right place?
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Egg

Re: Merely

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 am

HA! Ok. Nice to meet you.

What google search brought this forum up?

Kat

Post by Kat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:03 am

I was researching the prevalence of dolphins being caught up in tuna fishnets, which led me to a quasi-humorous facebook site with strange contents like this

1. Dolphins get caught in tuna nets. You never see a tuna getting caught in a dolphin net. Stupid dolphins.

2. Tuna in a can - 69 cents, dolphin in a can - $40,000. Stupid dolphins.

3. I have never heard of a dolphin-salad sandwich, toasted on white. Stupid dolphins.

4. I am yet to see a tuna in captivity. Stupid dolphins.

5. Tuna comes in various shapes and sizes. I have never heard of flake light dolphin. Stupid dolphins.

which on a further search led me here.

I'm quick with searches and deleting histories. I don't see much about dolphins here though! Where does the name originate from?
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:07 am

Hahahaahahaa!!! That's pretty awesome. Basically, on another site, someone was talking about a secret weapon the government had developed, kinda like a deathray. Anyway, apparently dolphins were found fried in the pacific, I believe he said. He called them toasted dolphins.

Anyway, you're welcome to post all about dolphins here. I am sure some would be interested. I would.

Yex

Post by Yex » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:41 am

welcome

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 am

Welcome Kat.

Feel free to post some of your research in the environment forum. Maybe it will help people understand the problem humans are creating for the dolphin and get a few others doing some research.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Why don't you tell us about your poem, Kat.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Egg wrote:Why don't you tell us about your poem, Kat.
That damn Yex scared her away with the stoopid (man made) corn circle.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:Why don't you tell us about your poem, Kat.
That damn Yex scared her away with the stoopid (man made) corn circle.
Crop Circle TT, not corn circle. I'm going to guess it was Yex's new face.

Welcome Kat.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome to Toasted Dolphin!

:coffee: