Geezer Greetings

Professor Geezer

Re: Geezer Greetings

Post by Professor Geezer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

We were considerably younger then, were we not?
A pearl is the result of victory over irritation.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Professor Geezer wrote:We were considerably younger then, were we not?

We all were once :D

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Howdy, Prof.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Set

Post by Set » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Professor Geezer wrote:My niece Ash and her husband have been nagging me to join this forum. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth but I'm willing to try again.

There are a few here I remember, one nut job in particular I was quite fond of. He suffered from multiple personalities, but his saving grace was a PHD from Berkley in philosophy. I see his medication has helped, as there are now only two of him. ;)

I was born in 1916 in Kentucky. I graduated from Transylvania University in 1941 and went on to the University of Kentucky. I started teaching at Berea College in 1944 and taught history and theology there until I retired in 1984.

Now I'm just a blithe spirit in an old house full of books.
95?!! :shock: Fuck, now I'm just a juvenile, rather than a geriatric delinquent, here..... :frown:
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 am

Set wrote: 95?!! :shock: Fuck, now I'm just a juvenile, rather than a geriatric delinquent, here..... :frown:

Hahahahaha Set, don't worry...... we still consider you as a geriatric delinquent ;)

Professor Geezer

Post by Professor Geezer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Almost all conversations with strangers begins with "wow I hope I live that long."

I tell them be carful what you wish for, it's lonely at this age, with all of your friends dead, and just you kids to put up with.

Put things in perspective, if I was 50, BE would still be in high school.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Professor Geezer wrote:Almost all conversations with strangers begins with "wow I hope I live that long."

I tell them be carful what you wish for, it's lonely at this age, with all of your friends dead, and just you kids to put up with.

Put things in perspective, if I was 50, BE would still be in high school.

If at 95 you feel relatively healthy, can still think well and can put up with the likes of BE then it is not such a bad thing.

I had a great aunt that lived on her own until she was 100. Looked after herself and her mind operated at full capacity still.

She passed away a few years ago but lived a long and happy life. If I'd known about you earlier, I could have hooked you up with her, or...... will you not date older women? ;)

Professor Geezer

Post by Professor Geezer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:20 pm

or...... will you not date older women?
When the love of my life was killed back in 1940, I never took the plunge again.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Professor Geezer wrote:
or...... will you not date older women?
When the love of my life was killed back in 1940, I never took the plunge again.
I am very sorry to hear that PG, that would have been very traumatic for you. I can't imagine your pain when that happened :(

Professor Geezer

Post by Professor Geezer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

She was a free spirit, and more adventurous than I. When a barnstormer came to town she wanted to go, so I bought her a ride for five dollars. The old fleetwing wasn't very well maintained, and when he did a loop we all heard a loud crack, and the wing folded back. I watched in horror as the old plane spun into the ground.