The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

DocVelocity
Banned

The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Post by DocVelocity » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:42 am

It's not my intention to intellectually rape anyone here nor abuse them (as much as I may want), so don't jump my shit or I'll haunt you like Hogan's Ghost.

Thank you for your kind welcome. :)

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)
http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Reign-Recla ... 1453713379

Mur

Re: The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Post by Mur » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:37 pm

What's up doc?

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Welcome Doc!
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Yo, yo, yo....

Royal

Post by Royal » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:17 pm

a person sporting an avatar with a cross heir on Obama's head...

lune or goon?

Fuckin' A.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:25 pm

DocVelocity wrote:It's not my intention to intellectually rape anyone here nor abuse them (as much as I may want), so don't jump my shit ...
I have a copy and paste rebuttle.

Intellectualization is a defense mechanism where reasoning is used to block confrontation with an unconscious conflict and its associated emotional stress, by 'using excessive and abstract ideation to avoid difficult feelings'.[1] It involves removing one's self, emotionally, from a stressful event. Intellectualization may accompany, but 'differs from rationalization, which is justification of irrational behavior through cliches, stories, and pat explanation'.

Intellectualization is one of Freud's original defense mechanisms. Freud believed that memories have both conscious and unconscious aspects, and that intellectualization allows for the conscious analysis of an event in a way that does not provoke anxiety.[3]
A comparison sometimes made is that between ' isolation and intellectualization. In the former, we repress the thought but not the feeling - we might feel anxious without knowing why, for example. In the latter, we do the opposite and remember the thought but forget the feeling connected to it'.

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Royal wrote:a person sporting an avatar with a cross heir on Obama's head... lune or goon? Fuckin' A.
Crosshair? Where do you see a crosshair, you fucking maggot? I'm looking at the universally-accepted RADIATION SYMBOL over Obama's leering visage, and the legend "TOXIC REIGN," okay? Don't try to be a smartass when you're thoroughly under-equipped.

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 pm

you fucking maggot
We don't need that talk here.

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Royal wrote:
DocVelocity wrote:It's not my intention to intellectually rape anyone here nor abuse them (as much as I may want), so don't jump my shit ...
I have a copy and paste rebuttle.

Intellectualization is a defense mechanism where reasoning is used to block confrontation with an unconscious conflict and its associated emotional stress, by 'using excessive and abstract ideation to avoid difficult feelings'.[1] It involves removing one's self, emotionally, from a stressful event. Intellectualization may accompany, but 'differs from rationalization, which is justification of irrational behavior through cliches, stories, and pat explanation'.

Intellectualization is one of Freud's original defense mechanisms. Freud believed that memories have both conscious and unconscious aspects, and that intellectualization allows for the conscious analysis of an event in a way that does not provoke anxiety.[3]
A comparison sometimes made is that between ' isolation and intellectualization. In the former, we repress the thought but not the feeling - we might feel anxious without knowing why, for example. In the latter, we do the opposite and remember the thought but forget the feeling connected to it'.
And not a single fuck was given that day.

— Doc Velocity

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Pigeon wrote:
you fucking maggot
We don't need that talk here.
Very well...if you insist. However, how does this other leech get away with "Fuckin' Ay" and attempting to misrepresent my avatar to the others? Hmm? Chop 'is bollocks.

— Doc Velocity