My Lords and My Dogs

MrPenny

Re: My Lords and My Dogs

Post by MrPenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Set wrote:Beautiful dogs. What breed are they?
They are all Airedale Terriers. We didn't give much of a hoot to keep them cut in the correct 'style'. We lived in the sticks and a properly groomed Airedale would have been a nightmare.....their coat is very wiry and thick.

Osage was Osprey's half sister. Somehow, a little different genetic action went on in Osprey and her ears refused to flop over correctly.....the most common comment when people met her was, "look at them ears."

Osage was made more comfortable when the cancer began seriously ravaging her body. She was an absolute angel of a dog.

Osprey was made more comfortable when old age made it impossible for her to walk and enjoy life any further.

Zoey was adopted.....one of those pet "rescue" orgs had failed to place her in a decent home three times in a row......adult Airedales and yappy ass yorkies do not mix. She is still living, in the custody of my ex-wife.

I'm tearing up now thinking about Osage.........dad gum.

Set

Post by Set » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 am

MrPenny wrote:
Set wrote:Beautiful dogs. What breed are they?
They are all Airedale Terriers. We didn't give much of a hoot to keep them cut in the correct 'style'. We lived in the sticks and a properly groomed Airedale would have been a nightmare.....their coat is very wiry and thick.

Osage was Osprey's half sister. Somehow, a little different genetic action went on in Osprey and her ears refused to flop over correctly.....the most common comment when people met her was, "look at them ears."

Osage was made more comfortable when the cancer began seriously ravaging her body. She was an absolute angel of a dog.

Osprey was made more comfortable when old age made it impossible for her to walk and enjoy life any further.

Zoey was adopted.....one of those pet "rescue" orgs had failed to place her in a decent home three times in a row......adult Airedales and yappy ass yorkies do not mix. She is still living, in the custody of my ex-wife.

Me too. And may Dash and Lochie die if I lie. :( :(
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 pm

MrPenny wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss, MrP. We had this beautiful black cat with these fantastic yellow eyes, he was also so loving. He died 15 years ago, and I still miss him and think about him. I understand how you feel.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 am

Here is my little mutt Sasha. I took them at the mine yesterday. She is pug, Labrador and Queensland.

The scary chap with the beard is my partner.

Last edited by Dr Exile on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:01 am

Awe, he's lovely ME :D

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:15 am

Hahaha, I think both Sasha and Martian's partner are cute!

Ashera

Post by Ashera » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:16 am

And she jumps 5 feet high without a running start, and knows how to bounce off the slider door really well!! gotta love her best find at Walmart yet!!!!

And me I am just a old doxie!!! :D
True Zen is a doggie bone on every plate!

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm

That little bastard could take an impressive chunk outa the mailman by the looks of her. (... or any government employee for that matter.)hahaha!
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 am

Sunday we take Sasha to the lake for a swim, then to MickyD's for an ice cream.

She likes ice cream cones.

Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 am

Yum yum, lucky doggie!