Posting images

Pam
Princess Feet

Posting images

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 pm

You probably haven't noticed..... but I am a totally useless person when it comes to Computers and how to do things ;)

At Amkon, I was able to right click an image from google images and then paste them into a post and they would show up in the thread.

I am not sure how to do that here. I assume I click on the Img box and then paste a url address in between the quote marks and the image will appear but when you click on a google image, you don't seem to get a url link that can be pasted.

Do I now have to save those images on my own Computer and then link from my Computer in between the quotes?

It was so easy the way I was able to do it before, I didn't have to think about it, but now I am not sure what to do :(

Pigeon

Re: Posting images

Post by Pigeon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Pam

If you click the img BBCODE, you can then paste the image web URL between the tags. It should then display here.

Nothing on your computer can be linked to the web. It has to be on a server (website) some where to be accessed.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Some of the Google thumbnails are not actual URLs. They cannot be used. You must follow the Google link to the site and get it there.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Pigeon wrote:Pam

If you click the img BBCODE, you can then paste the image web URL between the tags. It should then display here.

Nothing on your computer can be linked to the web. It has to be on a server (website) some where to be accessed.
But... a google image, that may be linked to a Website, doesn't have a URL address that I can see?

When you click on the google image, it usually brings up a little pop up window with the image, that was what I would right click on. I don't see an address to copy?

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Pigeon wrote:Some of the Google thumbnails are not actual URLs. They cannot be used. You must follow the Google link to the site and get it there.
Okay, I will give that a try :D

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Thank you Pigeon, instructions were comprehended :D

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Nice pic. It should be the avi when board announcements are made. :)

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Pigeon wrote:Nice pic. It should be the avi when board announcements are made. :)

Hahahahahahahaha...... feel free to use it, it was a total fluke that I found it, I typed "thank you" and then went to google images and that one popped up in a Website that I had linked to to find the google image picture I wanted.

It wasn't the one I was looking for but when I saw it, I thought it was even more appropriate :D

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu May 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Is there a way to post Vimeo videos here?

Just wondering, no big deal.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri May 06, 2011 11:32 am

TraumaT wrote:Is there a way to post Vimeo videos here?

Just wondering, no big deal.

Giving this question a bump.... Not that I mean to make it a slightly bigger deal....

;)