Logistics for having radio station / podcast?

Ozfactor

Re: Logistics for having radio station / podcast?

Post by Ozfactor » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

What about Alex. I'll bet he'd bite at some mutual advertising. It could draw in some interesting members.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Ozfactor wrote:What about Alex. I'll bet he'd bite at some mutual advertising. It could draw in some interesting members.
What the hell, I have logged into ATS?

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

We have plans to get a wide variety of DJs speaking on pertinent interesting topics in languages other than English....... and Norwegian.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Egg wrote:We have plans to get a wide variety of DJs speaking on pertinent interesting topics in languages other than English....... and Norwegian.
Well, in that case, I demand that we also introduce the news show "Conspiracy Dumbasses"!

Me and Pam, Dumb and Dumber, uncomfortable as hell in front of the camera, desperately trying to read from a telepromter, oooooh, it's gonna be a hit. A hit, I tell ya!!!!

:mrgreen:

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Just wondering if there's enough space and funding to embed some kind of player for music or current events.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Why does in need to be embedded. Can't files be downloaded in a media player.

If there are sites doing that then they would be far ahead of what we might do, I would think.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 pm

If you are looking for a good Radio station that plays a variety of both new and old music this is a good one.

I usually am listening to it on my head phones as I surf the net.

I know not what Royal was really talking about but thought I'd pass it on anyway :)

http://www.shore104.com/

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:08 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:We have plans to get a wide variety of DJs speaking on pertinent interesting topics in languages other than English....... and Norwegian.
Well, in that case, I demand that we also introduce the news show "Conspiracy Dumbasses"!

Me and Pam, Dumb and Dumber, uncomfortable as hell in front of the camera, desperately trying to read from a telepromter, oooooh, it's gonna be a hit. A hit, I tell ya!!!!

:mrgreen:
Hahahahahahahaha...... You are the writer TT so you can put the scripts together.

If we are going to be on camera though I will need to get some new shoes ;)

Mur

Post by Mur » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Try Pandora....very cool

http://www.pandora.com/

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
This hurts my feelings :(