Links taking us away.......

Pam
Princess Feet

Links taking us away.......

Post by Pam » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Is it possible to make any Links pop up in a separate window. Not sure if this happens to others but when I click on a Link it keeps me in the browser tab that I have open and steers me away from TD.

Sometimes I forget that I clicked on a Link or that Link gets me checking something else out and then when I go to click back on the tab I had the TD open on and it is gone.

It is not a big deal. I usually just open another tab and open TD again but this doesn't happen to me on most sites that I surf at. Was just curious really :D

TraumaT

Re: Links taking us away.......

Post by TraumaT » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Pam wrote:Is it possible to make any Links pop up in a separate window. Not sure if this happens to others but when I click on a Link it keeps me in the browser tab that I have open and steers me away from TD.

Sometimes I forget that I clicked on a Link or that Link gets me checking something else out and then when I go to click back on the tab I had the TD open on and it is gone.

It is not a big deal. I usually just open another tab and open TD again but this doesn't happen to me on most sites that I surf at. Was just curious really :D
Use right click on your mouse, and choose "Open in new window".

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:45 pm

The current rule of thumb is to let the user decide, per TT suggestion, using right-click menu.

I started to change to two types of links action then thought it would disable the 'open in same window'. Very few do that but someone drifting through might expect it.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Oh okay, thanks TT...... you learn something new every day :D

I still search for the top button and just end up scrolling back up even though I can just hit the "top" button on my keyboard.

I guess the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" runs true with me.

Hahahahahaha..... no room in my brain for any more information, it is filled with a bunch of crap already :D

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:05 pm

I'll try to add a top link near the bottom of the posts page in the near future.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Pam wrote:
I still search for the top button and just end up scrolling back up even though I can just hit the "top" button on my keyboard.
Try Ctrl + Home, that should take you to the top of the page.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:08 pm

fuck it. the little slut's nothing but a complainer.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:fuck it. the little slut's nothing but a complainer.
:shock:

*backs slowly out of the thread*

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:12 pm

hahahahah no guts no glory!
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:fuck it. the little slut's nothing but a complainer.

Hahahahahaha.... I may be a complainer but I am not a slut :shock: