Private Area

Pam
Princess Feet

Private Area

Post by Pam » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 am

Would it be possible to have a Board that can be seen by members only, where visiting guests cannot see it.

I just noticed ME saying he would see if he could get Ash to help him post a picture of when he used to round up cows.

It would be nice if there were a place for things like that to be accessible only to members.

Just a thought.

SweetGrass

Re: Private Area

Post by SweetGrass » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 am

A Member's Only Club?! Good idea!
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 am

Hahahahaha.... not a club, not a secret Forum, just a place that non registered guests can't view ;)

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 am

That is a nice idea. Maybe an earned access.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 am

Pam wrote:Hahahahaha.... not a club, not a secret Forum, just a place that non registered guests can't view ;)
I know but it sounds cooler to call it a club.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12 am

Yes, can be done.

I'll will work on it in a bit.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 am

The secret forum at Amkon didn't really pan out like it was planned to and ended up defeating its intended purpose I believe.

I never got invited there, it was closed down before that could have happened, but when I learned of it, I understood what it should have been used for.

Some people may like to share photo's or other information with people they trust but there will always be someone that trusts one person when another doesn't.

A club or secret just won't work in my opinion but a private area for members only is a little more open to all just have to be a member to see it. You never know what guests could be lurking hahahahahahahaha ;)

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 am

Someone will have to take the time to register, but then anyone who does will have access.

Just remember that if something is meant only for a few here it shouldn't be posted.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:26 am

Pigeon wrote:Someone will have to take the time to register, but then anyone who does will have access.

Just remember that if something is meant only for a few here it shouldn't be posted.

That is kind of what I was thinking.... just a place for members only and any member can see it. Just not "guests" and "lurkers" :)

Just call it "Members only Area" or something like that.

I'm just throwing out ideas though pigeon, if you don't think its a good idea I will not be offended at all :D

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 am

It's a good idea. Just wanted that fact to be known.

Many things can be done. I could load images on the server with random ids and people could give them to whoever they want to share it. Much like photobucket. i suppose not every member has that type of account. The place will evolve.