You Will Study With Me.

Pana

Re: You Will Study With Me.

Post by Pana » Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Ugh.

I tried, Royal. I really did.

You have my utmost respect to be able to absorb and understand this.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu May 03, 2012 2:36 am

Pana wrote:Ugh.

I tried, Royal. I really did.

You have my utmost respect to be able to absorb and understand this.
Thank you. And this is less than 10% of the material.

Pana

Post by Pana » Thu May 03, 2012 3:11 am

What made you choose accounting as your preferred profession?

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu May 03, 2012 3:45 am

Pana wrote:What made you choose accounting as your preferred profession?
Several.

The college I attended (only one applied for) was a business school, so I thought "might as well take advantage of what this school is good at." Growing up poor and being one of the first in both sides of my family to go to a University, there is little room for "arts and crafts".
So as an undecided soul, I flipped to the first page of the college's list of majors and found the first business major "Accounting" :)
I applied my personal experience with accountants in my life (baseball coach and online profiles of accountants that seem to be making money) and they seemed like pretty cool cats.

I bring up accounting to an older cousin who got straight A's in high school and college- except for accounting. It was the only "D" she got in class ever. That's when I knew the industry had value.

In the world of finance there are many types of accountants as, in the world or daily affairs, there are many different types of people. Baring that in mind let us begin this true modern parable.

Two accountants were employed at a New York firm. The boss soon realized they were two very different types of men.

Both men’s resumes and starting salaries were about the same. But the first man was the perfect employee. He did exactly as he was told and his interests were only in learning how to assist his company to reach the highest points that the senior partner, and owner, desired. His work and diligence assisted the owner of the company to be fully confident that his home branch, in New York, was secure and strong.

The second accountant was the more creative and adventurous of the two. When his boss began expanding into Japan and Asia from New York he asked to accompany the owner to the foundation meetings for the new relationships being built.

Soon the second accountant had begun his own international firm and his previous boss was outsourcing a lot of work to him.

A few years later the owner of the first firm got re-married. And he requested that both men be his best man. At the reception he said of them: “They are both incredible individuals and as different as night and day. One has ensured my security and success through working for me, the other has done the same, only he has worked with me.”

But some say there is three types of accountants. Those that can count, and those that can't.

Pana

Post by Pana » Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 am

Cute story.
Which accountant will you be?

I understand about growing up poor and being the first to go to university. In my case I won a scholarship in chemistry. My family did not value intelligence.

I take it you don't think highly of your cousin?

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu May 03, 2012 4:49 am

Pana wrote:Cute story.
Which accountant will you be?

I understand about growing up poor and being the first to go to university. In my case I won a scholarship in chemistry. My family did not value intelligence.

I take it you don't think highly of your cousin?

Chemistry. Nice! Just as hard or harder. Mucho respect. The Chemistry teacher at our high school got awards year after year in the state because of his great teaching. Almost got a D in that class. ;)

And my cousin is great. Just friendly competitive spirit. :)

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 am

...and do I really need to answer your first question? ;)

Pana

Post by Pana » Thu May 03, 2012 4:56 am

Haha.

I ended up changing majors to Psychology. Waste of time. I should have stayed in Chemistry.

Then I dropped out and went touring on a motor bike.

Never did finish.

Evolutionary molecular biology would definitely be something that I'd definitely go back to.

D in Chem? Ach!!!!

What did your cousin major in?

PS
No, you don't have to answer. However, just in case you have a secret soul that yearns for stability, authority and placidness, I thought I would ask so you could give voice to that yearning. ;)

Onwards, adventure.

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu May 03, 2012 5:07 am

Pana wrote:
PS
No, you don't have to answer. However, just in case you have a secret soul that yearns for stability, authority and placidness, I thought I would ask so you could give voice to that yearning. ;)

Onwards, adventure.
wat :?: You want to be my therapist? lol. When I'm studying hard, everyone is my therapist. :D

Pana

Post by Pana » Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Nah...

Therapy sucks . Really. It's the new religion and oh, what a self centered religion it is.

If you need a chum though, I'm always here.

:)

-Albert Camus