Wesley Clark on the Mideast War

Pigeon

Wesley Clark on the Mideast War

Post by Pigeon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:44 pm

General Wesley Clark:

Because I had been through the Pentagon right after 9/11. About ten days after 9/11, I went through the Pentagon and I saw Secretary Rumsfeld and Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. I went downstairs just to say hello to some of the people on the Joint Staff who used to work for me, and one of the generals called me in. He said, "Sir, you've got to come in and talk to me a second." I said, "Well, you're too busy." He said, "No, no." He says, "We've made the decision we're going to war with Iraq."

This was on or about the 20th of September. I said, "We're going to war with Iraq? Why?" He said, "I don't know." He said, "I guess they don't know what else to do."

So I said, "Well, did they find some information connecting Saddam to al-Qaeda?" He said, "No, no." He says, "There's nothing new that way. They just made the decision to go to war with Iraq." He said, "I guess it's like we don't know what to do about terrorists, but we've got a good military and we can take down governments." And he said, "I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem has to look like a nail."

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, "Are we still going to war with Iraq?" And he said, "Oh, it's
worse than that." He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, "I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran."

I said, "Is it classified?" He said, "Yes, sir." I said, "Well, don't show it to me." And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, "You remember that?" He said, "Sir, I didn't show you that memo! I didn't show it to you!"

A link to the Video

Royal

Re: Wesley Clark on the Mideast War

Post by Royal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:15 am

Kewl... I remember this video.

I wonder if the memo included the US bankruptcy and higher taxes for everyone? And the garbage brought upon by a dissolving middle class and crumbling US infrastructure?

Probably not.

I have a few questions for Government and Pentagon leaders regarding their critical thinking faculties... When did US defense failure become a starting point for war ABROAD? After all, ALL THE TERRORIST WERE KNOWN TO BE OPERATING IN THE COUNTRY when the attacks happened- Was anyone accountable? (This is kind of like the immigration problem- attacking the migrants rather than the employers) And was this 9/11 shebang an entrapment gone wrong? Is it true Bin Ladin goal was to bankrupt america in a war with Afghanistan? If so, who's winning and who funded his organization? Is it true their was vital documents concerning Enron in building 7? And why the hell did that building fall down?

And what are the implications of a Middle East war on the world stage have in the long run? For example: Does the US invasion(s) end up stopping or creating more terrorists? What does a sociologist or psychologist conclude about that very question and the impact of US actions abroad?

Who has asked these questions before and where are the answers?

And it also seems more complicated than what is mentioned above...

We complain about concrete/skyrise culture and then whine when they start crumbling down...We complain about consumer society and then whine when it starts to dissolve...Complain about oppressive religions built by manipulation and war ( like Islam) and start to whine when we attack them for it...Can it be that Bush and Obama administrations are anarchists- Certainly looks like it.

And who decided our progeny and Earth to be that special where we have to wage war for race, religion, and culture? There are more dead cultures and religions and life forms than living life forms...Not only on earth but the rest of the universe... what do they think about all our messes? This is not a crazy question at all, think about how many religions and cultures believe in ghosts, spirits, and the afterlife? Can they not be contacted to consult on the issue?

And who's consulting them? ahah ugggg :facepalm:

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 am

And who decided our progeny and Earth to be that special where we have to wage war for race, religion, and culture?
We do not wage war for any of those reasons, we wage war so that Daddy Warbucks can sell us bombs and things. We kill brown people for profit, no other reason whatsoever.
Credo quia absurdum.

Royal

Post by Royal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 am

Dr Exile wrote:
And who decided our progeny and Earth to be that special where we have to wage war for race, religion, and culture?
We do not wage war for any of those reasons, we wage war so that Daddy Warbucks can sell us bombs and things. We kill brown people for profit, no other reason whatsoever.
That radical honesty can make you the next president.