Conspiracy just got deeper....

Pigeon

Re: Opening Page

Post by Pigeon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:49 am

That's quite general...

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 am

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:45 am

I just realized you are noting the home page.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:06 am

You saw " Opening Post" instead of page?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 pm

I thought opening page was the topic of a new thread that might be multi-part or a story. If the words 'home page' were in it I would have instantly thought of the web page.

It's a basic missed sighting of a strange loop. The words lead to the same place.

Kat

Post by Kat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 am

Question 2 (15% of total examination marks)

Compare and contrast the concepts of the home page and the landing page (limit 100 words).
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:22 pm

It is terminology created by marketers to sell their so called knowledge to internet sites because that's all they can do with the internet.
It's a trick question.

Depending on which marketer you ask, you get a different definition. Thanks to Google, every page could be a landing page.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:35 am

Kat wrote:Question 2 (15% of total examination marks)

Compare and contrast the concepts of the home page and the landing page (limit 100 words).

Landing Page is an intro page to the site, much like the opening remark of an essay to be an "eye grabber". There is no menu and the emphasis is on it's simplicity.

Home page should come with the full presentation and menu of the sites functionality with user interface options.

In 2010, a website called Toasted Dolphin brought the debate to a worldwide audience. It has been rumored that the conflicts in Libya, Syria, and Egypt were caused by a heated debate between clerics who believe in Landing Pages and Clerics who don't prefer to use them.

Kat

Post by Kat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

hmmmmmmmm.

HP: succinct and to the point, hardened and cynical about commercial applications of the terminology; I would encourage you to use a more objective construction wherein knowledgeless marketers target internet site owners for their ill gotten gains rather than internet sites - as sites are as yet incapable of doling out revenues to knowledgeless marketers without their owners' consent (except in cases of serious security breach, which are beyond the scope of the question).

Royal: you take a classical line and introduce the theological dimension with your case analysis (bonus marks), yet your essay exceeds the word limit by 3%.

Please grade yourselves (C+ to A- are available on this occasion) and report back for the oral component.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus