My ride in the Zipulator

TraumaT

Re: My ride in the Zipulator

Post by TraumaT » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:41 pm

IndicusMaximus wrote:Godspeed.
Same to you, Indy. Damn, why did you have to get yourself banned. I will miss you.

Dr Exile

Re: My ride in the Zipulator

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 am

Dearest Pumpkin,

It has been a while since we had an intergalactic passenger pidgin to send you a letter. Gadhafi used them up sending inane messages to his doppelganger robot, even though The Martian assured him the robot was smarter than he was.

Both Daffy and I can hardly wait for this old rusty hulk to get to Elba IV, yet today the drone of the triple expansion engines fell silent. I ran to the engine room to see what happened. The black gang robots sat idle, oil and steam leaking from each joint.

None of them would tell me what was going on, but I heard the rattle of the chain from the interstellar eather sea anchor and had to steady myself as the ship tugged the anchor to a dead stop in space.

I made my way to the bridge, but no one, not even the faithful B-9 was there, so I went to the saloon.

Everyone was there and was as exited as children at the fair.

"B-9, tune the electrowizbang frequency modulator amplifier to three Parsecs" said the Martian.

"Yes Master."

Dogface girl was sitting in front of an old DuMont television wagging her tail in anticipation. Massive copper rods protruded out of the set and were connected to several massive tubes.

"Captain, if we draw anymore power from the shields we'll melt the main knife switch" came a desperate call from the voice tube.

"Do what you can mate, we've all waited for years for this."

"What's going on Tucker?" I asked the first mate.

"Arr me hearty, 'tiz a special treat for us all, we're out in space far enough to pick up an episode of 'Soupy Sales'".

And now my loving daughter, you know why this trip is taking so long,

Love,

Toondady
Credo quia absurdum.