Philip K Dick

Pigeon

Re: Philip K Dick

Post by Pigeon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:12 am

Is this why so many didn't like Pres Nixon?

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 am

Why change Dicks in the middle of a screw, re-elect Nixon in Seventy Two!
Credo quia absurdum.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:36 am

A dick is a dick and will always be, Nixon resigns in seventy-three.

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:54 am

How about the word Virginia?

Pana

Post by Pana » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:57 am

Virginia, dosey doe.

Sounds like a bout of the clap.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 am

The Pentagon is located in vagina.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Pigeon wrote:Is this why so many didn't like Pres Nixon?
I just recently read Hunter S. Thompson's farewell words to Nixon. Now THAT was a man who didn't like the Dick President:
If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... rook/8699/

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

In the darkest secret recesses of every human soul hides a little Nixon presiding over himself like a genie in a bottle. Even in the soul of Hunter Thompson. Reading the Watergate Transcripts, which I often do to this day, has always been for me a viscerally dangerous, shiverus engagement with my own. Even Dostoyevsky couldn't have created a stranger phantom.

Nixon? He is the archetype of the false man.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:44 pm

lkwalker wrote:In the darkest secret recesses of every human soul hides a little Nixon presiding over himself like a genie in a bottle. Even in the soul of Hunter Thompson. Reading the Watergate Transcripts, which I often do to this day, has always been for me a viscerally dangerous, shiverus engagement with my own. Even Dostoyevsky couldn't have created a stranger phantom.

Nixon? He is the archetype of the false man.
And Kissinger?

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Pigeon wrote:Is this why so many didn't like Pres Nixon?
I just recently read Hunter S. Thompson's farewell words to Nixon. Now THAT was a man who didn't like the Dick President:
If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... rook/8699/
That was awesome.