Karl Pilkington

Pana

Karl Pilkington

Post by Pana » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 am

I'm a huge fan of Idiot Abroad (Karl Pilkington). Don't know if you guys get it south of the border as it's a British show.

"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat."
-Podcast Series 2 Episode 3

"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
-Podcast Series 2 Episode 2

"I'm just sayin', I don't like fun"
-The Podfather Trilogy , Episode 2 Thanksgiving

"They say it all started out with a big bang. But, what I wonder is, was it a big bang or did it just seem big because there wasn't anything else drown it out at the time?"
-3 Minute Wonder, Episode 2

"You can be an ugly baby and everyone goes "awww innit nice?" There was some women in a cafe the other week that I was sat in, and she came up and she sat down with her mate and she was talkin' loudly goin' on about "oh the baby's lovely." They said it's got, er, lovely big eyes, er, really big hands and feet. Now that doesn't sound like a nice baby to me. I felt like sayin' it sounds like a frog. But I thought I dont know her, there's only so much you can say to a stranger. I dont know what kept me from sayin' it."
-The Podfather Trilogy , Episode 1 Halloween

"I think some bacteria have better lives than that" [Karls interpretation on the life of an innuit]
-Podcast Series 1 Episode 5

"What's that plate that's above a saucer but below a plate?"
-Podcast Series 3 Episode 4

"Yeah but everyone was a saint years ago, that seemed to be thrown about back then. Who's a saint now, in this year, who's a saint? And yet this guy, lived in a hut in the woods, 'oh yeah that's Saint John or whatever.' He wasn't a saint, he did nothin" [Karl arguing with Steve and Ricky about Russain artifacts containing a portrait of a Russain Saint]
-Podcast Series 1 Episode 5

"The world is getting more and more scruffier, innit?"
-The Podfather Trilogy , Episode 3: Christmas

"You won't get anything done by planning."
-The Podfather Trilogy , Episode 3: Christmas

"Any problem solved is a new problem made."
-Podcast Series 5 Episode 1
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Re: Karl Pilkington

Post by Royal » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 am

"They say it all started out with a big bang. But, what I wonder is, was it a big bang or did it just seem big because there wasn't anything else drown it out at the time?"

That also applies to social issues. Lot to do with relativity.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 pm

I laugh so hard I hurt when I watch Idiot Abroad.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pana

Post by Pana » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

me too.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus