Final Sequence

TraumaT

Re: Final Sequence

Post by TraumaT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh, well, I'll just leave TD to you, then, asshole. Enjoy the lonesome board, asshole.

Nite, asshole.

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Whew! Thanks. Now I get back to my projects.

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Get it? :) because you are all godlike creatures in frozen states of belief structures...

Never mind...too abstract...

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:37 pm

"First, what do we call it? Even among researchers there is little agreement over this crucial point. Some don't even use the word drug, preferring instead molecule, compound, agent, substance, medicine, or sacrament.

Even if we agree to call it a drug, look at how many different names it has: hallucinogen (producing hallucinations), entheogen (generating the divine), mysticomimetic (mimicking mystical states), oneirogen (producing dreams), phanerothyme (producing visible feelings), phantasticant (stimulating fantasy), pychodysleptic (mind disturbing), pychotomometic and pychotogen (mimicking or producing pychosis, respectevey) and pychotoxin and schizotoxin ( a poison causing psychosis or schizophrenia, respectively).

This focus on name is NOT trivial. If everyone agreed about what a psychedelic is or does, there certainly would not be so many words for the same drug. The multitude of labels reflects the deep seated and on going debate about psychedelic drugs and their effects.

Scientists rarely acknowledge the importance of the name they give to pychadeli, even though they know how powerfully expectations modify drug effects. All undergraduate psychology students learn this in their introductory psychology courses then they reviewed landmark studies published in the 1960's. These experiments injected volunteers with adrenalin, the "flight-or-fight" hormone, under different sets of expectations. Adrenaline caused a calm and relaxed state in volunteers told they were receiving a sedative. If told that the experimental drug was stimulating, volunteers felt the more typical anxiety and energy.

Thus, what we call a drug we take, or give, influences our expectations of what that drug will do. It also modifies the effects themselves, and how we interpret and deal with them. No other drug's name feeds back so powerfully upon the responses they elicit as do the psychedelics, because they greatly magnify our suggestibility.

In addition to what we call psychedelics, the terms we apply to the people involved in their use also impact set and setting, and therefore drug response. As one who takes the drug, are we research subjects or volunteers? Clients or celebrants? As the one giving them, are we guides, sitters, or research investigators? Shamans or scientists?"

Strassman, DMT - The Spirit Molecule

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 pm

INTERMISSION

RECOMMENDED SMOKE BREAK

Royal

Post by Royal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:49 pm

"Hallucinogen is the most common medical term for psychedelic drugs, and it emphasizes the perceptual, mostly visual effects of these drugs. However, while perceptual, mostly visual effects of these effects of psychedelics are usual, they are not the only effects nor are they necessarily the most valued. The visions actually may be distractions from the more sought after properties of the experience, such as profound euphoria, profound intellectual or spiritual insights, and the dissolving of the body's physical boundaries."

This is what I believe, Dr. Greer is referring to.

skunk

Post by skunk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 am

"Dr" Greer is a liar and fraud.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:36 am

skunk wrote:"Dr" Greer is a liar and fraud.
Greer is a liar and fraud? How can you say that?

He's a Doctor doing incredible work, and you torment people on a internet forum and provide no food for thought.

Guess which one has more credibility?

Maybe you should enlighten us instead.

skunk

Post by skunk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 am

Royal you tormented tt with your bullshit earlier in this thread, you are a fucking joke like greer.

Keep living in lala land you fucking moron.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:57 am

skunk wrote:Royal you tormented tt with your bullshit earlier in this thread, you are a f++ing joke like greer.

Keep living in lala land you f++ing moron.
I tormented TraumaT ?! ahahahha holy shit. Talk about reap what you sow.

If you want to get a sense of my true nature look at my threads and not a few pithy comments to a quarrelsome troll.

If you want to compare me to Greer, that is a blessing in disguise.