Pychology Facts

Royal

Pychology Facts

Post by Royal » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm

http://www.factslides.com/s-Psychology

If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation, studies confirmed.

This one is helpful

Your mind "rewrites" monotonous speech of boring people to make it sound more interesting.

Personally, I create various halloween costumes on the person. If, I'm laughing they now know why.

There are more than 400 distinct phobias well recognized by psychologists.

What a bunch of dingbats.

Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.

True. All it takes is one good line or title.

The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.

Can be misleading. One can appreciate a track of music and keep perception mutually exclusive.

The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions, according to studies.

I believe so. Minimalism to save for travel.

Romantic love is biochemically indistinguishable from having a severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Love is a drug.

Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA, according to a new research.

Behavior in our DNA. Yikes.

30% of pregnant women crave nonfood items, an eating disorder called pica.

Like they want to eat play dough? I would never understand this one.

270 scientists re-ran 100 studies published in the top psychology journals in 2008. Only half the studies could be replicated successfully.

Don't believe the hype.

There's a rare mental disorder where people imagine that they are decomposing, dead or non-existent.

This is common when people are high. Didn't know it could be permanent.

Researchers are debating on adding Internet addiction to the list of mental disorders.

Do you haz $olution?

1 in 5 people in France has experienced depression. Making it the most depressed country in the world.

They also have heart, so that comes with their strength. Can easily say that most Americans don't know that depression is. Maybe they should recheck figures if this is from 2008.

There is a gene that can cause you to be negative most of the time.

FUCK!

Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic".

There's levels and intentions of trolling. Don't paint with a wide brush Psychologists.

The Truman Syndrome is a psychological disorder in which patients believe they're living in a reality TV show.

Do these same people cause drama every other episode? I think I know a few.

The brain treats rejection like physical pain, according to scientists.

Comfortable with it. Acceptance is usually around the corner.

"Erotomania" is a psychological disorder in which the affected people believe a famous person is in love with them.

WTF

68% of the people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, the feeling that one's phone is vibrating when it's not.

Very common. My theory- neural response to the microwave. When we pass through microwaves it may trigger our brain to think our phone is vibrating. Like a Neural Pavlov's dog.
NOW EXAMINE WHY YOU REACH FOR YOU PHONE WHEN YOU RECEIVE NO TEXTS OR CALLS AND SEE HOW SINISTER IT CAN GET.

Paris Syndrome is a psychological disorder, mainly suffered by Japanese people, caused after realizing Paris isn't what they expected.

lol.

The Jerusalem syndrome is a group of psychological phenomena triggered by a visit to Jerusalem, Israel.

Whoever travels for religion is probably primed for retardation.

The average high school kid today has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950's.

Religious practices, like prayer and attending services, is associated with lower levels of psychological distress.

Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on or a hand to hold.

No one born blind has ever developed schizophrenia.

Amazing.

Anorexia has the highest mortality rate of any psychological disorder: between 5% and 20% eventually die from it.

Do they die or disappear?

Hallucinatory 'voices' seem to be shaped by local culture. In the U.S., the voices are harsh and threatening while those heard by schizophrenics in Africa and India tend to be more benign and playful.

Lifestyle.

Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.

Every high has it's low. Comedians are good at finding a something really high. So their low is relative to those moments.

Women are approximately two times more likely than men to suffer from major depression.

Most likely children related.

Placebos are 31% to 38% effective in treating depression, compared to 46% to 54% for antidepressants.

Grab your mental command center by the Neuron.

Depression can cause you to dream up to 3 to 4 times more than you normally would.

Can dreaming enable depression?

Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells.

Yuck.

1 in 8 adolescents in the U.S. have clinical depression.

Surprising figure.

Pigeon

Re: Pychology Facts

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA, according to a new research.

There almost has to be learned or acquired information entering the DNA. People like to call it instinct. if not, how does evolution learned behavior continue.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 pm

I believe it.

The hundredth monkey effect is a hypothetical phenomenon in which a new behavior or idea is claimed to spread rapidly by unexplained means from one group to all related groups once a critical number of members of one group exhibit the new behavior or acknowledge the new idea.[1] One of the primary factors in the promulgation of the story is that many authors quote secondary, tertiary or post-tertiary sources which have themselves misrepresented the original observations.

An analysis of the appropriate literature by Ron Amundson, published by the Skeptics Society, revealed several key points that demystified the supposed effect.

#Music #Marketing #Dictators #CityLiving #KillYourTV

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Someday DNA manipulation will be addressing these changes. Change DNA for the better or worse.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Was this ever debunked: "Washington crime study shows 23.3% drop in violent crime trend due to meditating group"
http://freakonomics.com/2005/09/16/can- ... ated-away/

Will they try Chicago?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Wouldn't hurt. I doubt people thinking happy thoughts is going to change other people. I would thought it would have made a difference by now, unless it a numbers thing. Get the majority going to push it past the effect of the minority.

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 am

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:31 am

Connecting with a Boltzmann brain.

"Boltz, don't let it bother you. Bodies are overrated, trust me."

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:45 am

That is amazing. Skype maybe sunday morning.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm

“It appears that losing slow wave sleep impairs the ability to recover or stabilize positive emotions in response to stressors,” he says. “So we should be paying attention to not just the quantity or quality of sleep, and not simply the quantity or quality of mood or emotions, but the combination of the two. It’s not news that sleep problems alter people’s mood. But the granularity we measured here sheds new light on that relationship.” You can’t avoid the demands of juggling your work and family obligations, and the inevitable stresses that any relationship entails, but you just might be able to lessen the blow with sleep—as long as it’s uninterrupted."

http://time.com/4094734/interrupted-sleep-mood/