Uncharted 3 MP given away for the cost of a soda

Pigeon

Uncharted 3 MP given away for the cost of a soda

Post by Pigeon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 pm

The best way to enhance the branding of one of your most popular franchises is to add content from mediocre fast food sandwich operations, which is why Sony and Naughty Dog have launched an advertising campaign for Uncharted 3 with Subway. If you buy a 30 ounce drink, you'll be given a code to unlock the competitive multiplayer from the game a month early. You'll also be able to unlock Subway-based perks and clothing, because you need to tell the world that you find Panera a bit too classy for your tastes.

It's hard not to feel badly for everyone involved with the game as you watch the embedded video; I don't think anyone spends years of their lives working on a game hoping to see half of it handed over to anyone who buys a soda. The characters wearing the Subway-branded merchandise look surreal in the context of the game, too.

"The full competitive multiplayer experience, which begins Saturday, October 1st, at 12:01am Pacific Time, will give you the chance to dive into the fun and get a head start on leveling up your profile while learning all of the new UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer maps before the full game is released on Tuesday, November 1st," Arne Meyer, the community strategist for Naughty Dog, wrote on the PlayStation Blog. "Along with access to the competitive multiplayer experience, keep your eyes open for exclusive Subway items hidden throughout the maps to unlock additional content."

When you have a huge-selling, critically acclaimed franchise, I think it's best to turn it into a Happy Meal prize, so everyone can see how seriously you treat your successes.

Link

I have to wonder what slang die hard gamers will come up with for these Subway objects.

Fast food crap-o-la invades the game world. Guess it is about time.