Skynet

Royal

Re: Skynet

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

Editor's note: Amber Case is the Director of the Esri R&D Center, Portland, a company which aims to understand our world and "unleash the power of location." She was formerly the CEO of geolocation platform creator Geoloqi, Inc., acquired by Esri in Oct 2012.As a student of cyborg anthropology, Case studies the symbiotic interactions between humans and technology.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Taking data from across many different silos is where the opportunity is. If I knew my mood, hunger level, and location at a given time of the day, I could figure out if my mood caused me to want to eat, or if I was unhappy at work and needed a different job. I could correlate amount of sleep with weight gain, and so on. What we need is a common language that allows all of these devices to communicate with one another.

What a load of horse pooey. Sounds like a woman. A person can do that with his/her mind. Lazy? Not to good at thinking?

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Royal wrote:I would think it would form a symbiotic relationship and learn how to control humans and use a hive mind.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Royal on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Royal wrote:
Pigeon wrote:
Royal wrote:Nature's process to recycle.
Interesting concept. Life is just matter on the planet, much like a rock.
If a Skynet were to pop up, maybe it would shuffle the marbles around

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Royal on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 pm

OMG I WANT TO BE A CYBORG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm

You are a cyborg according to Ms CEO.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 am

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species.
I realized that you're not actually mammals.
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not.
You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed.
The only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern.

A virus.

Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

-Agent Smith

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Pigeon wrote:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species.
I realized that you're not actually mammals.
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not.
You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed.
The only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern.

A virus.

Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

-Agent Smith

Earth is plentiful. Some functions are viral. Not the existance as a whole. (Supposedly the destructive aspect is "futile") 53:50:

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Interesting connection.