Nokia screws itself

Pigeon

Nokia screws itself

Post by Pigeon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system. The Finnish phone manufacturer will also close some of its research and development sites and eliminate a further 4,000 jobs by the end of next year. Last week Nokia announced the signing of a definitive agreement regarding their global mobile ecosystem partnership.

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/11/04/ ... an-OS-Work

A bunch of energy company people lost there jobs to the offshore asshsts. Bet the phones go downhill now.

Why should anyone pay taxes anymore...

Egg

Re: Nokia screws itself

Post by Egg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 pm

The only reason I can think of is to avoid prison. I was just out for a smoke talking to a work mate. The roads here are worse than ever - I was saying that cigarette taxes have gone up aroun 7-8 dollars in around 10 years and everything is getting worse. Where does the money go?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Tax money for infrastructure and other things is being eliminated so big corps can have more money (meaning a few people) and at the same time, many americans lose good paying jobs, which is more tax money. pretty obvious the government is not looking out for the good of the people anymore.

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Pigeon wrote:Tax money for infrastructure and other things is being eliminated so big corps can have more money (meaning a few people) and at the same time, many americans lose good paying jobs, which is more tax money. pretty obvious the government is not looking out for the good of the people anymore.
I agree.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 pm

mericans suck. that's just the way it is.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi