Trump site oops

Pigeon

Trump site oops

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Saw this on reddit

technically they failed at this too...the route to the page still exists...they just blanked the content. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... mmigration

if you go to donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/ you can see that they pulled the links to all the press releases but the page still exists. If you use waybackmachine to find the links you will see they are all still active but have the content wiped.

What is even more hilarious is the bug I discovered on his page today. ANY url you go to under /press-releases/ that wasn't a previously existing page (that has been wiped but not deleted) will take you to his health care plan...what does this mean? It means that you can create absolutely hilarious URLs that actually work: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... k-the-poor

and it doesn't even re-write the URL when you get there!

they are too dumb to properly scrub content from their page (deleting the fucking routes so that you get a 503 or a 404 or a "not found" page or something) which means that even though they deleted the muslim ban press-release content you can still get to a page with that in the title and in the HTML multiple times. How they managed the other routing fuckup I found today I don't even know...lol, this whole organization is nothing but amateurs.

The same guys that laughed at how the Obama administration struggled to get a massive distributed system stood up and responsive that had to interact with all sorts of third parties can't even properly manage a simple basically entirely static webpage. sad!

Link

Pigeon

Re: Trump site oops

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 09, 2017 12:58 pm

I can only imagine what the server logs look like about now. Whee...

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Hilarious. Still there.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

They finally changed the server/software to return a 404.

Crack team there, making big money. Well the big money part is true.