Comcast

Pigeon

Comcast

Post by Pigeon » Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 am

The fine folks at Comcast. One of many customer service incidents

2015 customer name change scandal

In January 2015, Lisa Brown, a Comcast subscriber from Spokane, Washington called Comcast in attempt to downgrade her cable package, she was offered an upgrade which she denied. On her next billing cycle, she discovered the name on her bill was changed to "Asshole Brown".

Comcast released a statement stating, "We have spoken with our customer and apologized for this completely unacceptable and inappropriate name change, We have zero tolerance for this type of disrespectful behavior and are conducting a thorough investigation to determine what happened. We are working with our customer to make this right and will take appropriate steps to prevent this from happening again."

The employee in question was terminated. Brown's name was fixed, and a refund for 2 years of service was given, along with 2 more years of service for free.

Royal

Re: Comcast

Post by Royal » Tue May 23, 2017 12:03 am

Poor guy. Could of been data manipulation HQ.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 am

Making it public to the customer has it's satisfaction plus it's drawbacks, such as getting fired.

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 am

Curious on how bad the call was to prompt a name change. If bored, then the employee deserves it.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 23, 2017 12:47 am

The company was ripping the person off and she didn't go for it.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue May 23, 2017 12:52 am

Shortly after Hurricane Ike hit the Galveston, Texas area in 2008, customers received bills and later collection notices for unreturned equipment that was destroyed during the storm.

One customer reported a $931 bill which included a $66 credit for interrupted phone service, but also included a $1000 charge for not returning her rented DVR, Cable Modem, and other equipment.

Comcast responses differed after the storm, with some Customer Care agents telling customers to file with their insurance providers, and other agents advising customers to return their equipment, even if it was ruined or moldy.

Really.

"maam, you should have taken your cable box and dvr to the shelter".

"Officer, please, I'll leave as soon as I get my dvr. They'll charge me."

Headline:

Thieves raid Comcast equipment storage a hurricane shelter, 10s of 1000s in equipment stolen.

Psst, hey guy, I can give you a good deal on a dvr.