NSA Cryptologs declassified

Pigeon

NSA Cryptologs declassified

Post by Pigeon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:58 am

The NSA's Cryptolog

The NSA has published declassified versions of its Cryptolog newsletter. All the issues from Aug 1974 through Summer 1997 are on the web, although there are some pretty heavy redactions in places.

http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/declass/cryptologs.shtml

Link to the documents on a non-government site, in case they disappear.

Royal

Re: NSA Cryptologs declassified

Post by Royal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:22 am

Wow. I'm hooked from the first page. Interesting stuff.

I'-:'_ _ -:-_~_:---:-_':""""_':""""_-:--:--=--:- ?

Royal

Post by Royal » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 am

Watched an Outer Limits episode. Reminded me of Google glasses and the NSA:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/67554
Unfortunately for the human race, the Stream has been erroneously programmed to crave information instead of knowledge. Soon, it begins to turn the human race into its slaves to attempt to locate and process every single bit of information, a process that will lead to the Human race's extinction as people stop doing everything to obtain the desired information.

Ryan's injury keeps him from falling under the sway of the Stream, leaving him the only person who can stop it. The Stream will not allow itself to be shut down, however, and it commands the humans under its control to defend itself from Ryan. In the end, Ryan succeeds in shutting down the Stream and saving mankind. Cut off from the mental crutch humanity has used for so long, the entire population (save Ryan) are reduced to a childlike mental state. Ryan finds himself needing to teach mankind the old ways of acquiring information again — from books.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:12 am

Wonder what he saw... redac-o-rama