Crop Circles and Sacred Geometry

Ozfactor

Re: Crop Circles and Sacred Geometry

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:41 pm

lkwalker wrote:I see the authentic glyphs as the work of off world cultures identifying themselves- no to us, but to other off world cultures visiting this backwater, popsicle stand of a planet. The human circle makers are John Frumist cargo cults. Ignore them.
I was ignoring them way back in 99. The earth is a gem within the universe. The war making, polluting, criminal element of man is not what we are.

What I see in crop circles is an echo of our past, the mystical, magical that we have lost. I would like to think that magic and science may come together because of them.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Snow Crash

Re: Crop Circles and Sacred Geometry

Post by Snow Crash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Ozfactor wrote:This has always been a subject that I simply lurked around silently. I had always thought Crop Circles to be a type of communication....a subtle introduction of sorts.

I watched this documentary last night and was most impressed with the scientific and philosophical methodology used over the years into the study of Crop Circles. It is an examination of the math involved, Geometry as an art. It is worth a look when you get the time as it is almost two hours of your day.

Thanks for posting this Oz. I've not really taken much of an interest in crop circles, but have always enjoyed the art, and this was very interesting. I found the speculation regarding the EM fields etc of particular interest.
Make way for the Bad Guy