NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths

Ozfactor

NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Proponents of the bill say it fixes a loophole in the current law that classifies out-of-state practitioners who practice without a license as Class I felons, while in-state practitioners who practice without a license are only guilty of a Class I misdemeanor. But what the bill actually appears to do is make it even harder for alternative practitioners who literally cannot be licensed in NC because their work is not "approved," to practice at all. After all, who is going to be willing to provide alternative medical services for consenting patients when doing so makes them a felon?

SB 31 is really just another way to target alternative practitioners and reign in the practice of medicine to only that which has been approved by the government overlords. And the timeline for defeating this bill is very short. Alternative practitioners in NC, and those who safely and successfully use their services, need your help now to successfully defeat this bill.
Soon we will have state sanctioned restroom breaks. This is absurd...that North Carolinian's can not visit their herbalist, employ a mid wife or seek some of natures remedies if this bill passes. And if it passes there it will pass everywhere. I suppose I'll have to visit the back allies to get my Kava Root.

The U.S is not a free country people. After another five years of this erosion of liberties the only choice I'll be able to make on my own will be whether to have an abortion or not.

Source....http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=34861
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Egg

Re: NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

That is absurd. An ex of mine just had a baby and used a midwife. If something's been proven effective over centuries, and there's not a buck for a corporation to make off of it, it's made illegal.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm

The irony is that NC was sort of the birthplace of midwifery in the US.
Credo quia absurdum.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Egg wrote:That is absurd. An ex of mine just had a baby and used a midwife. If something's been proven effective over centuries, and there's not a buck for a corporation to make off of it, it's made illegal.
The ultimate assault would be a parent that medicates or performs a simple procedure on their child falling under these rules. Would an unlicensed massage therapist be prosecuted? Would a neighbor who grows herbs then gives them away as remedies? These laws always grow hideous testicles.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 pm

HA! I didn't know that. There is so much to laugh at if only you know where to look.

Thanks, Doc ;)

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
Egg wrote:That is absurd. An ex of mine just had a baby and used a midwife. If something's been proven effective over centuries, and there's not a buck for a corporation to make off of it, it's made illegal.
The ultimate assault would be a parent that medicates or performs a simple procedure on their child falling under these rules. Would an unlicensed massage therapist be prosecuted? Would a neighbor who grows herbs then gives them away as remedies? These laws always grow hideous testicles.
Hideous testicles!!! :D

Yeah, they're doing it for our own safety. A lot of laws are created because without them the state can't make a buck. They need to fine people. The system protects itself.

IF any of your questions come to be reality, we have truly entered a new level of absurdity.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Egg wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
Hideous testicles!!! :D

Yeah, they're doing it for our own safety. A lot of laws are created because without them the state can't make a buck. They need to fine people. The system protects itself.

IF any of your questions come to be reality, we have truly entered a new level of absurdity.
It should have been "tentacles"...typo or Freudian slip. You decide.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Either way, funny ;)

My testicles took no umbrage ;)

MrPenny

Post by MrPenny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 am

Ozfactor wrote:hideous testicles.
Damn....did I leave my fly open again?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 am

It should have been "tentacles"...typo or Freudian slip. You decide.
I chuckled when I read it thinking you meant to write the other word.