Juicer

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: Juicer

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Escape_Artist wrote:
Pam wrote:
Royal wrote:two handfuls of blueberries, 4 strawberries, 1 banana, scoops of oatmeal, scoop of peanut butter., add water as needed.
That sounds super yummy Royal, but I can't have that much fruit :(
diabetes?

Type 2, diagnosed in March of this year. So far I have changed everything, diet, exercise, no alcohol (still smoke) but I have lost a ton of weight and feel better and I am off the pills.

I am going to try something in October this year that will hopefully reverse it if my doctor gives me the green light :D

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Apples, carrots and jicama go good together. If you've never had a jicama it's like a cross between an apple and a potato. It's good raw. It's pronounced hick-uh-muh if you have trouble finding it.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Egg wrote:

Juices
Nearly every health condition responds well to appropriate fruit and vegetable juices, but diabetes is a very complicated disease and affects people differently. The first thing you should do is consult a doctor and work together on finding the best diet for your specific diabetes symptoms.

In general, if you are only concerned with your diabetes, you should have chromium-rich juices like tomato and grape, but they need to work into your eating plan, which usually includes the low Glycemic Index. Keep in mind that sugar is sugar, whether it’s in the form of a juice or granulated.

Here are four juice cocktails I recommend to diabetics:

Tomato juice and garlic (spicy too)
Carrot ginger, celery, parsley, spinach
Red lettuce, spinach, carrot, garlic (at least one clove), and ginger
String beans, parsley, cucumber, celery and watercress
If you have diabetes and are trying to reduce your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol and improve your heart, I recommend beet, carrot, celery, currant, spinach, grape, cherry and watermelon juices.

If you are taking medication and are deficient in potassium, magnesium, or calcium, add these juices: honeydew melon, cantaloupe, apricot, banana, peach, orange juice, parsley and broccoli.

If you have high blood pressure, I recommend three juice cocktails:

Carrot, parsley and celery juice
Lime juice and whey powders
Grape and carrot juice
To help reduce your cholesterol levels, I recommend these two juice cocktails:

Beet, blackberry, parsley and pineapple juice
Carrot, apple and ginger
If you are only focusing on a healthy heart, I would recommend threes juice combos:

Carrot, pineapple, and ginger (you could add a touch of honey)
Parsley, alfalfa and pineapple
Watercress, parsley and grape
Whey can have a lot of sodium; buy the whey with the least amount of sodium. If you want a zesty juice cocktail, mix a cup of water, two ripe tomatoes, one tablespoon of tarragon, paprika, turmeric and cayenne. Add some basil leaves and the juice of a half-lemon, and mix well.

Like many fruit juices, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants, especially polyphenols. However, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants at much higher levels than other fruit juices, which many experts believe will help you diabetes. Antioxidants are thought to provide several heart-protecting benefits, including reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol. Most studies have used a daily dose of 1.5 ounces of pomegranate juice to ensure maximum benefits.

If you want to create your own juice cocktail, here’s a list of other complementary juices to provide vitality and help lower your blood pressure:

Juice from green leafy veggies (think kale and spinach) are excellent sources of B-complex vitamins
Carrot, apple, ginger, orange and strawberry juices have been known to lower bad cholesterol
For natural zinc, drink ginger, turnip, parsley (even though it’s bitter tasting), garlic, or carrot juice
If you want to increase your potassium, drink parsley, garlic, spinach, cantaloupe and banana juice together
For more bioflavanoids, drink grape, parsley, lemon, or lime juices
For more vitamin C, drink kale, green pepper, or parsley juice
The best vitamin E juices for you are spinach, carrot and asparagus
More magnesium could possibly raise your good cholesterol. Those juices are beet, garlic, parsley, and spinach
Low on copper? Drink carrot, garlic, or ginger juice
Studies have shown that chromium might raise good cholesterol levels. These juices include potato (pasty flavor), green pepper, apple and spinach juice
While I’m recommending juices, be aware that many juices are high in calories and should be consumed in moderation. Fresh juices should be a part of a healthy diet, and avoid juices with added sugar. Make sure to read all labels for ingredients and choose 100% fruit juices not made from concentrate. Extra sugar means extra calories and it is always better to eat your calories than to drink them.

http://www.melslife.com/c265/l153/Diabetes_Juices.html

:D Thanks!

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

SweetGrass wrote:Apples, carrots and jicama go good together. If you've never had a jicama it's like a cross between an apple and a potato. It's good raw. It's pronounced hick-uh-muh if you have trouble finding it.

Hmmmmm, I have never heard of jicama LaR, I will have to check that out and see if it is available around my part of the world :D

Escape_Artist

Post by Escape_Artist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Me gusta Capitalismo Anarquista!

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I have a friend who lives a weird and interesting life climbing mountains with her hands and surfing and juicing and solar watching. She's the one who gave me that raw foods video I gave you for diabetics. I'll ask her. She's knows a ton of stuff about this.

Escape_Artist

Post by Escape_Artist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Pam wrote:
Escape_Artist wrote:
Pam wrote:Hahahahahaha Berk are you calling me fat dead and nearly retarded?

Egg.... does she have any good recipes?
I would never!

Well ya would never know with that scary Avatar you have on :shock:
GREAT, HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Hahahahahahaha...... well, it did get the cute kitty Avatar at Amkon :D
Last edited by Pam on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Egg wrote:I have a friend who lives a weird and interesting life climbing mountains with her hands and surfing and juicing and solar watching. She's the one who gave me that raw foods video I gave you for diabetics. I'll ask her. She's knows a ton of stuff about this.

Okay thank you, that would be awesome :D

Escape_Artist

Post by Escape_Artist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Pam wrote:
Escape_Artist wrote:
Pam wrote:
Royal wrote:two handfuls of blueberries, 4 strawberries, 1 banana, scoops of oatmeal, scoop of peanut butter., add water as needed.
That sounds super yummy Royal, but I can't have that much fruit :(
diabetes?

Type 2, diagnosed in March of this year. So far I have changed everything, diet, exercise, no alcohol (still smoke) but I have lost a ton of weight and feel better and I am off the pills.

I am going to try something in October this year that will hopefully reverse it if my doctor gives me the green light :D
What are you going to try in october?