Juicer

TraumaT

Re: Juicer

Post by TraumaT » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Pam wrote:Here it is, it was an amazing thing to watch the transformations in these people:
I didn't watch the video (so long!) but I have read about this raw food cure before, and it makes sense to me that it could work.

Best of luck, Pam, hopes you get to try this diet and that it gives good results for you.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Pam, you can't have alcohol because of the sugar?
No, because her doctor is a big fat meanie.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Pam wrote:Just bought myself a juicer. I have only drank water since March of this year and it is getting boring....

I will be trying:

- Carrots
- Celery
- Cumcumber
- Spinach
- Apple

later on today. Anybody got some known good recipes that I can try out?

(Edit to add: Can't contain too much fruit in any one recipe as I am not supposed to have a lot of fruit due to the natual sugars they contain)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It looks like runny baby diarrhea and tastes like it too. Probably shouldn't have put in the spinach!

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Dr Exile wrote:
SweetGrass wrote: Pam, you can't have alcohol because of the sugar?

No, I am allowed red wine in small quantities, but most alcohol is a no no because of sugar, however, I also take a pain killer that says not to drink alcohol when taking.

Doesn't matter, I don't like red wine anyway ;)

There is other stuff like medicinal herbs ;)

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Pam wrote:
It looks like runny baby diarrhea and tastes like it too. Probably shouldn't have put in the spinach!
I was trying to imagine the taste of that mix, wow. I think I would have left out the cellery too, hahaha!

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 am

Throw in a jalapeno pepper without the seeds to add some zing.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I think smoothies will be one of the main medicines of the future.

I was always too lazy to juice. You put half a ton of carrots in for a shot glass of end product and spend the next half a day cleaning the damn juicer out.

Smoothies are much easier, and I think the fiber does you good too.

I saw that 30 days raw clip too and I'm sure you can reverse Type II D.

I have been eating a ton of fruit recently and feeling great. Dark Green Leafy vegetables are very healing. I come across lots of things that stablize blood sugar but I never pay much attention as I don't have diabetes. I'll try and remember in the future and post them.

I think diabetes can be reversed with simple nutritional therapy instead of expensive supplements. 95 per cent of your cure, Pam, will come from the grocery store.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks RJ, I appreciate any information that is offered. I read a lot about it on the net and I devour any information and links people provide to me. Learning I had this was devastating news for me. I had no idea of the serious potential health risks that it brings and the more I read the more frightened I became. (Amputations, Kidney failure, blindness, pancreas stops working entirely, having to inject insulin etc. etc.)

I was so freaked out that I immediately changed my diet and started exercising like crazy. Diagnozed in March of this year and I have lost 42 pounds since the day of the news. I was able to get off the pills pretty quickly and I made a chart of my blood sugar readings before every meal, wrote down what I ate and then tested an hour after eating. Anything that gave me a major spike in my BG was removed from my "okay to eat" list.

I pretty much know what I can and cannot have now.

Egg sent me the video link for the 30 day Raw Food Diet and I plan to try it in October of this year. Reason for the delay is I have to quit smoking and also not drink coffee. This whole diet change would have been very difficult without at least that one vice so I am weaning myself in preparation to go cold turkey :D

I appreciate any information and suggestions from others! It would have been really hard to deal with all of this without the help of some friends.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Pam wrote:
Dr Exile wrote:
SweetGrass wrote: Pam, you can't have alcohol because of the sugar?

No, I am allowed red wine in small quantities, but most alcohol is a no no because of sugar, however, I also take a pain killer that says not to drink alcohol when taking.

Doesn't matter, I don't like red wine anyway ;)

There is other stuff like medicinal herbs ;)
Pain killers are much better with whiskey.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm

It looks like you have the right approach and are making excellent progress. Nothing like a health scare to turn a life around.

I think it's a little extreme to not try raw until you quit smoking. When I tried a raw diet in summer 07 I still drank beer most nights and binged on pizza from time to time. Not perfect but I felt amazing anyway. You don't have to make it an all or nothing deal. You could just try 2 raw meals in a row and note how you feel.

I would quit or cut down on grains. I have pretty much done that and my energy has really increased. "Replace grains with greens" is one of the simplest, most profound pieces of health advice ever spoken.

There's a lot of good info out there. As long as you don't go the route of buying tons of expensive supplements you're fine. The journey back to health can be fun and rewarding.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... 0&aql=&oq=
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw= ... 2&aql=&oq=

Be careful of high fat raw. Actually, I think fats can cause a lot of blood sugar and health problems. Sure, they are essential, but only in small amounts.

Check out the work of Linus Pauling. One of the best nutrition scientists that ever lived.