Now You Must Hoard More Than Lightbulbs

Dr Exile

Now You Must Hoard More Than Lightbulbs

Post by Dr Exile » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Obama has decided that asthma inhalers are destroying the ozone layer and has decided to ban them. Sometimes reality seems like it comes from the Onion Newspaper, but I'm not making this up. The pharmaceutical companies have decided that over the counter asthma inhalers are a threat to business because the cost is a quarter of the price of the prescription stuff. Ever greedy, they convinced their puppet from the Crooked Chicago Machine to outlaw over the counter inhalers under the preposterous notion that they are a threat to the ozone.

The Atlantic's Megan McArdle, an asthma sufferer:

Er, industry also knew how to make low-flow toilets, which is why every toilet in my recently renovated rental house clogs at least once a week. They knew how to make more energy efficient dryers, which is why even on high, I have to run every load through the dryer in said house twice. And they knew how to make inexpensive compact flourescent bulbs, which is why my head hurts from the glare emitting from my bedroom lamp. They also knew how to make asthma inhalers without CFCs, which is why I am hoarding old albuterol inhalers that, unlike the new ones, a) significantly improve my breathing and b) do not make me gag. Etc.

Well, tough cookies asthma sufferers! You should have written bigger checks to the Democratic party while you had the chance.

Credo quia absurdum.

Pigeon

Re: Now You Must Hoard More Than Lightbulbs

Post by Pigeon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:40 pm

This is real and very stupid. As if the inhaler ban is going to really do anything for the environment. Morons.............

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:46 pm

The next time this broad has an asthma attack she should try sticking a 60 watter up her ass. And that's all I have to say about this. Unless the Old Geezer attacks me again.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Obama's hot air is bad for the environment.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Most people pay 25 cents for their daily news.

Real information: you get what you pay for.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.