Mery Killing - Yay or Nay?

itai
Fashion Show

Mery Killing - Yay or Nay?

Post by itai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 am

I am reading this article for my research on a paper I am doing. To me, it has such a strong argument that I just want to see what the views of some of my forum family have to say :)
Just 48 hours after a Dijon court rejected Sébire's request that doctors help her end her agony-stricken life without risking legal punishment, the 52 year-old was found dead in her home Wednesday night. Initial tests Thursday were unable to determine whether Sébire's death was induced or the result of the rare disease that left her horribly disfigured and in near-constant pain.
French media picked up on her plea to get help ending her life. Her malady, esthesioneuroblastoma, causes inoperable tumors to grow in and spread from the nasal passages, disfiguring and destroying the face before finally destroying the brain. The disease had already blinded and otherwise handicapped Sébire, and left her wracked with pain for hours on end despite medication to allay her suffering.
Sebire explained her request for medically assisted suicide saying she wanted to leave the world following an evening of celebration with her three children — and avoid the prolonged coma she'd most likely fall into, which would make her a burden to her family.
Are you for or against mercy killing? I think humans should be euthanized. Of course there are ways the system could abuse this sort of thing, but under strict circumstances I think it should considered at least.

i know its bit of a downer, but I am genuinely curious to see where my toasted dolphins stand.

source

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: Mery Killing - Yay or Nay?

Post by Pam » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 pm

I am for it if the person is in extreme pain with the ultimate end for whatever it is that is wrong with them, being death slowly and painfully.

We will put our animals down if they are suffering and in pain. If we can do that for them, why not a human?

If someone is suffering and told they will die soon but that could take up to six months and there is no hope that they will live, it seems senseless to watch them suffer in pain.

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Pan started a thread about euthanasia. I think people should have the right.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 pm

youth in asia. all for it.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:39 pm

lkwalker wrote:youth in asia. all for it.
Too many over there anyway.

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 pm

I agree under strict guidelines, people ought to be able to have assisted suicide.

This is one of the only times that I will retract my belief that people should not kill people.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:07 pm

So, how do you feel about suicide? Aside from the fact that it's tragic and all of that? You think it should be legal?

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Egg wrote:So, how do you feel about suicide? Aside from the fact that it's tragic and all of that? You think it should be legal?
It already is sort of legal. Once you have done it, it is too late to punish you ;)

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Pam wrote:
Egg wrote:So, how do you feel about suicide? Aside from the fact that it's tragic and all of that? You think it should be legal?
It already is sort of legal. Once you have done it, it is too late to punish you ;)
Nah, that's just being a good criminal and getting away with the crime. :D

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

why is this thread called merry killing anyway? what the hell's up the Itai?
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi