Words and Limitations

Royal

Words and Limitations

Post by Royal » Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 am

This is good material to put into practice. If there's a reason to stay away from negative angry people, this is it:

Is there a thinking without the word? When the mind is not cluttered up with words, then thinking is not thinking as we know; but it is an activity without the word, without the symbol; therefore it has no frontier;the word is the frontier.The word creates the limitation, the boundary. And a mind that is not functioning in words, has no limitation; it has no frontiers; it is not bound. Take the word love and see what it awakens in you, watch yourself; the moment I mention that word, you are beginning to smile and you sit up, you feel. So the word love awakens all kinds of ideas, all kinds of divisions such as carnal, spiritual, profane, infinite, and all the rest of it. But find out what love is. Surely, sir, to find out what love is the mind must be free of that word and the significance of that word. - J. Krishnamurti, The Book of Life
http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamur ... +Quotes%29
Last edited by Royal on Wed May 18, 2011 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Royal

Re: Words and Limitations

Post by Royal » Wed May 18, 2011 1:43 am

Ever wonder why you are going crazy?

This is it.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 am

As soon as you are born, indoctrination and limitation begin.

Anger is a gift sometimes.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Wed May 18, 2011 1:57 am

I get angry at myself when I get angry.

It never fails :(

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Pam wrote:I get angry at myself when I get angry.

It never fails :(
Talk to your brain and tell it to rewire itself.

Set

Post by Set » Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 am

Egg wrote:As soon as you are born, indoctrination and limitation begin.

Ever since Abraham played full-back for Basra anger has been conditioned/catechized. It is politically correct, reicheous, and thoroughly 'decent' (spit!) to despise whoever the Christo-Capitalist establishment does and very dangerous to condemn their fellow travellers. For instance it is the acme of decency to altruistically kill millions of Commies/Muslims/others because they are allegedly killing thousands of their own people.
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu May 19, 2011 2:12 am

Set wrote:

Ever since Abraham played full-back for Basra anger has been conditioned/catechized. It is politically correct, reicheous, and thoroughly 'decent' (spit!) to despise whoever the Christo-Capitalist establishment does and very dangerous to condemn their fellow travellers. For instance it is the acme of decency to altruistically kill millions of Commies/Muslims/others because they are allegedly killing thousands of their own people.

Welcome back Set, I hope things went well with your daughter.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu May 19, 2011 3:40 am

it is the acme of decency to altruistically kill millions of Commies/Muslims/others because they are allegedly killing thousands of their own people.
Something just occurred to me Set, your wisdom is such that you could be the second coming and not even know it!
Credo quia absurdum.

Set

Post by Set » Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 am

Pam wrote:
Set wrote:

Welcome back Set, I hope things went well with your daughter.
Thanks, Pam. Things are going a little bit better than I first expected.
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Set

Post by Set » Thu May 19, 2011 4:20 am

Dr Exile wrote:
it is the acme of decency to altruistically kill millions of Commies/Muslims/others because they are allegedly killing thousands of their own people.
Something just occurred to me Set, your wisdom is such that you could be the second coming and not even know it!
Speaking of second comings, do you know that is why women love Jesus so much? That is, his second coming is taking s-o-o long!! :-D